A surprise couple (Day 9 after dinner)

While Lyra was doing chores, and Sahara/Kristie was recovering, Naomi, Louisa, Mel, Dante, and I went to the living room to watch Hercules. (again) It was Mel's favorite and after the Miss Margaret incident, nobody wanted to mess with her. It wasn't long before everyone else went to their rooms out of fear leaving Mel, Dante, and I. Mel and Dante started talking. Mel spoke calmly to him, but direct. "How did you get the scar?" Apparently he had told her about a scar on his back. He looked at her and said slowly "Owl on a shelf...it was stuck..shelf fell.." Mel nodded listening. Dante turned towards the wall mumbling something, I could kind of hear him "No..if she wants to tell me..she will.." I assumed he was talking about the scar under her eye. After a small silence she asked him "How did you get here?" "She shouldn't have asked that..what if he snaps?" Finally he spoke "Jock was hurting an owl...I hurt the jock..when I was taken to the hospital..they lied. They said the owl was a kid..they lied....and sent me here..they don't see them but they're everywhere.." "He's obsessed with owls.." Mel nodded listening carefully. "I believe you. You did the right thing helping the owl." The next thing she said had my full attention. "I'm here because my parents were tired of me staying up every night, and "anger issues" I don't have anger issues" She said that quietly, but you could tell she was mad. Just then Miss Elizabeth came into the living room telling us it was time to go to our rooms. I got up and started walking upstairs, I noted Mel hadn't followed so I slowly walked back into the living room only to find her making out with Dante. "Well then..I'll just leave them" I walked to my room and closed the door.

I stayed up late that night writing in my journal, you could hear the students talking to themselves. I heard a small noise in the hall, and quietly walked out to see what it was. I saw Mel sneaking into her room still in her uniform. Quietly I whispered "What are you doing out of your room?" She looked at me and whispered back "I was with Dante.." She blushed looking down. My eyes widened "Did you..?" She instantly looked up blushing more "No! No, not yet. We just kissed..and so what if we did? It doesn't concern you anyways. You going to tell on me now?" I shook my head no. "Why would I? She'd kill me if I got her in trouble" She smiled and walked into her room. I walked back and into mine and lied down in bed being sure not to make a sound.