New School

The car pulled up in front of a large mansion with an old rusted gate. The gate had spikes at the top, no doubt to keep people in. I will admit, I was terrified. This "school" was for mentally disturbed kids, so why was I here? The black town car pulled in through the gates and into the gravel driveway. I stared out the window at the house as the car came to a stop. My parents had hired a driver because they were too scared to drop me off for fear of changing their minds. Before I could get out of the car, the driver turned and spoke: "Enjoy your last few breaths outside, who knows if you'll ever have them again. Most people don't leave, and those who do are usually sent to the asylum" "What did he mean by most people don't leave?! It's just a school right?"  I wondered as I stepped outside the car. A small breeze blew through my hair as the driver got my bags. I looked around wondering if I will feel a breeze like this again. I tensed as the door opened and a blonde woman about the age of thirty six walked out in a professional looking black dress with heels.
"You must be the new... student. Welcome to St. Mary's, Grace. You may call me Miss Margret." She said motioning for me to go inside. Slowly I walked up the three small steps and in through the door. While inside I was greeted with a grand staircase leading to a second floor. Above the staircase was a chandelier that lit up the entrance. To the left of the staircase is what appeared to be a living room with a small tv with old Disney VHS movies and a VHS player. Also in the living room was a book shelf, a small couch, an old radio, a coffee table, and board games. To the right of the staircase was the dining room. There were multiple tables, kind of set up like a cafeteria, a china cabinet kept locked, and a window with the curtains drawn closed. There is a door from the dining room to the kitchen, but  "students" are not allowed in the kitchen.

Miss Margret lead me up the stairs and down the hall to the left. "This is the girls' hall. The boys' are on the right. The only time you shall be permitted to see the boys' is when you have free time after  your classes and chores," she instructed. She showed me to my room, it was very boring. It was a bed with white sheets, one pillow, and a small blanket. I was given a small dresser for any clothes I had packed, but we have to wear a uniform everyday except Sundays. There is one small nightstand, with a lamp, and a window just left of the bed. The window had bars over to keep any students from breaking the glass. "Do all the windows have bars?" I asked setting down my bags on my bed. Miss Margret nodded, " I'll let you get settled in, tonight you do not need to change because it is almost curfew. I shall send someone in to get you for dinner." With that she walked out.

I started to unpack my bags. My parents had sent a fuzzy blanket, an old stuffed bear of mine, some clothes and pajamas, a journal, a pencil, and a photo of me my mom and dad when I was younger. I placed the photo on the nightstand, the clothes in the dresser, folded up the blanket and placed it under the bed, the bear on the bed, and the journal on my nightstand. I was all set when I heard a voice behind me that caused me to jump. "I wouldn't put the journal there if I were you." I turned around to see a girl in the doorway. The girl was about medium height, with long wavy jet black hair. Her hair had red and blue highlights. She wore the uniform: black knee high socks, black skirt, white top, blue and black striped tie, and black shoes but she had it differently. Her tie was messy, her socks weren't rolled up to her knees, and she was holding her shoes in her hand instead of wearing them. It wasn't until I saw the scar under her left eye did I remember that she was a psycho.