Terrible Fate (Day 24)

"Miss Margret you're alive?!" I stared at her. "We saw her body at the bottom of the stairs, she was dead.." "Yes I am, no thanks to Melissa...where is our mommy to be anyways?" She said looking around the room.  "She's doing chores....How are you alive? We saw your body.." She looked at me in disgust "That's rather rude don't you think? Oh right you're "friends" have no regard for any other humans so you believe you can get away with that too don't you?!" She stomped away upstairs to her office. I quickly finished my chore and ran to the kitchen to warn Melissa. They started giving people chores in there last week, she was doing dishes.

    "Mel I need to talk to you!" She glared at me "What do you want Grace? I'm kind of busy." I sighed and explained how I just saw Miss Margret was the new headmistress. "That's impossible! I killed her!" She grabbed a butter knife she somehow found and almost took off running upstairs. I grabbed her before she could and tried to calm her down. She bit my arm drawing blood and started slashing the knife at me. "Let me go!!" She screamed. "You need to calm down it isn't good for the baby!" With the mention of the word "baby" she dropped the knife and calmed down. "I'll finish your chores, you just need to calm down and rest." She nodded and sat on the floor trying to calm herself down. I ignored the bites and the small cuts, I've had worse. When I finished the dishes, I took her to the living room to watch Hercules. Louisa, Naomi, and I think Sahara kept an eye on her to make sure she didn't overdo it while I went upstairs to write. Dante came to the living room and sat by her as she watched the movie. Mel and Dante finally told them about the baby.

  At dinner we all made sure Mel ate. I gave her my dinner, still not feeling very hungry. When dinner was over, we all headed back upstairs. While walking upstairs, I turned to see Dante and Mel smiling. "I love you Mel." She blushed "I love you too Dante." He kissed her and looked at her belly, she wasn't even showing yet. "I love you too" He said to their unborn child. With that, we all went back to our rooms to get some sleep.

  Later that night, it stormed wildly and we were awoken by a scream. Everyone ran out of their room and out the front door to see what the problem was. As we all ran outside, we saw it. Mel had been impaled through her stomach on the fence. Her blood had ran down the fence and onto the gravel driveway. You could see the fear in her eyes and tears still on her cold pale face. He intestines sticking out of her stomach and draped along the bars of the fence.