Noni Rose Norman.

Noni's POV.
_______________________

"Hi, my name is Noni Rose Norman (yes two first names). I am nineteen years old. I was born in London but I've lived in Sunflower Valley, California with my mom since I was 8, so that's why I have a accent in the middle of Cali. I am a graduated high school student now in college studying art & photography. I have two puppies of my own, one named Tud & the other Willie, they spend most of their time fighting or cuddling"I giggled, trailing off into thought of my puppies wrestling around the floor while pushing a loose curl behind my ear that had fallen away from my messy bun. God my hair needed to be done. I quickly snapped out of the trance I had fallen in; staring at a strand of hair I had been examining for any split ends.
"Anyway, I'm just doing this because my friend wants me to be more transparent with other people, she claims I act as if something tragic in my childhood happened and now I can't speak or some shit", rolls my eyes. "But uh, yeah.. that's me.. I guess... so comment, like, subscribe whatever the fuck you do here", I chuckled slightly while leaning up to click the pause button on my laptop. Sigh. finally I could stop hearing Yams rant about me opening up to someone, I had, and I was proud.
Yams isn't her real name, I only call her that because her name was always hard for me to remember. Her name is Yamilika, her dad is Nigerian and her mom is American, I guess they both tried to be "original" or whatever.
It's a beautiful name just.... not so good to remember.

I got up from from my chair and swirled in circles . I was silly.
pit, pit, pit pat, I was greeted by my two puppies who followed behind me. I closed my pink laptop and left the room which I had made into a office for me and my mom to study. I wondered where she was it was almost noon and I knew she gets off of work at eleven o'clock today. shrugs. I walked downstairs to the kitchen to prepare me some lunch since my mom decided to let me starve with her late arrival. Right when I'm about to begin my search for sandwich bread my mom unlocks the door stumbling in with plenty of groceries. Oh, so that's where she's been. "Hi mom", I greeted her while walking over to take some bags from her. "Hi Kitten" she softly answered.
My mom was a soft spoken woman with as my friends say "the cutest British accent ever", I was used to it, they even said I had it but it surely wasn't as strong or "cute" as my moms.
I continued putting up the new groceries mom had bought in silence; both of us working to get everything to where it needs to be. "Mom, go rest. I got it" I finally broke the silence and muttered out.
"Thanks kitten", she sighed, as she pulled her hair around her right shoulder, pacing around the house as if shes looking for something else to get into. "Have you seen our new neighbor?" She stopped in her tracks and smiled broadly at me. "Nope" I said, while popping a grape into my mouth while putting them into the fridge, then closing it."What about 'em?", I looked at her while she leaned over to remove her work shoes.
"He's totally one of YOUR kind of people, he seems about your age, a bit tall" she said as she removed the last shoe an reassured that she was correct when she said the word "tall". "Yes, indeed tall, and um I think he's in there by himself, seen him this morning on my way to work moving boxes in his house sweating like hell and looked as if he hasn't eaten a bloody day in his life".
"Mom no one ever looks like they eat to you" I said, while now eating a bag of chips and pondering on what my mom had said. A boy, tall one, in there all alone? my age?! I know these aren't the biggest houses but all alone? I'd freak! If I ever heard a noise and couldn't blame it on my moms movement I'd probably be paranoid, but maybe he can do it I mean he is a guy.
"Make friends with him, go out, have fun" my mom said, snapping me out my plenty thoughts.
"Go out?", I said, giving my mom sort of a stank look as if she had tried me because she did. She knew I wasn't the "friendly" type and I'm not going to a random boy throwing myself at him because I don't have a boyfriend."Mom, this could be a serial killer, i'll prefer he approach me then I know what he's about. Oh and mom you can't just go out with some random guy" I said, shaking my head and walking to the pantry for another bag of chips (I like food). "Oh so you'd prefer a serial killer to approach you? Sounds smart. You know what I mean't when I said "go out have fun", you and Yams hang out too much. If I wasn't your mother I would think you two were smooching behind my back." "MOM" I yelled, having a grin on my face because deeply it was funny, Yams was attractive...very but I don't swing that way. "Just saying" my mom said, as she sat on the couch staring into her laptop screen.
silence.
I kept thinking about the new guy and even though my mom was extreme, meeting someone new seemed fun but I'm still going to let him approach me first. I smiled, thinking about it. "Tea, mom?" I asked.
"Yes, Kitten".

______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N)
Hello guys! this is my new creation and I'm very excited for new beginnings.
My characters are probably familiar to you guys, especially if you've seen the movie "Beyond The Lights". I figure everyone is familiar with Jaden Smith. Also, I don't want to be put in a category of a "fanfic" because that's not what this is(although you may read it as one if you choose.). This book is a story I imagined and pulled together then added the best people for it. Personally, I am not a huge Jaden fan (not that I don't like him but I am just not what you call a "fan"). I thought Jaden was perfect because of his mystical ways and very interesting look, he's so different and I thought he'd make a great character for this book! Also, he's so damn fine. lol.
Noni : I felt like Noni fit the script perfect because of her British background so she carries the accent throughout the story and her ethnicity being that shes black&white mixed, I felt like both races can enjoy and also mixed girls. I like the fact that Noni has thick curly hair like natural African American girls and I love that she does not overdue makeup and keeps her natural roots. The sad thing about Wattpad stories is you can never really relate, the girl is always 100x prettier(with hell of makeup) and the guy is wayyyy out of any ones league of course and the stories sound exaggerated. I just wanted a story that girls like me can relate to and travel along the journey with Noni.
Please spread this story if you love it. I know you will, 'cause I already do (:
Also I know this chapter was pretty lengthy and most of you read from your phone so I will be cutting down some of the length but this chapter was to get the story going so you can know about Noni.
Thank you.
Support! Support! - Esther