3.

Jordan's POV.

After what happened last night I didn't get much sleep, I mean what was that thing? I tried to push the thought out of my head but it would just come back.

I was planning on taking a sick day and just staying home until I got a text from Jessie saying that tomorrow would be her first day. I was definitely not going to miss that.

I had met Jessie last year, about the same time the dead pool had started. She was working with the NYPD, and she had been called here to help out with the dead pool cases. After we found out that I was on the dead pool, we bonded, and after it ended, before I could even ask her out, she went back for New York.

Words can't explain how happy I was when I found out that she was taking the opening here at the station. That meant I finally got my chance, and I was taking it.

*********Jessie's POV.**********

After I dropped Liam off I hurried to my apartment to shower and change. I didn't put on anything too fancy, because I knew I would be getting a new uniform at work.

I hurried and made a cup of coffee, grabbed my keys and left. The station was only around 10 minutes from my house, so it wasn't that long of a drive. When I pulled into the parking lot I finished my coffee and walked in. I was immediately met by Jordan.

"Hey Jessie! Sorry one second! I have to give this paperwork to the Sherrif and then I will show you around!"

"Okay sounds good!" I responded.

I followed him into the Sherrif's office, where I was met with a very confused looking sheriff stilinski.

"Jessie what are you doing here? I didn't know that you were in beacon hills!"

"Ummmm yeah, I work here now, you are the one who hired me."

He thought for a moment.

"Oh my-you are the deputy from New York... How did I not connect the dots before?!? I mean I read the name deputy Dunbar and it just never clicked! Well it's nice to have you! And hey how is your brother doing? I haven't heard anything about him since that last full moon..."

I laughed, "well he's doing good, I mean considering what happened last time, I think that anything is better than that!" I shuddered at the memory of it.

"I agree, well Parrish here will show you around. I have to get back to this paperwork, nice to see you... Deputy."

"Nice to see you too sir." I said, and walked out with Jordan.

"Geez maybe you should let your brother out of his chains more often, that was the first time in months where I got to do something other than paperwork, or working at the front desk."

"Why? I mean you are one of the best here aren't you?" I asked.

Jordan blushed, looking a little bashful, but he shook his head. "I think it's just me. What happened a few months ago, I think it scared him. He's worried that I might get out of control or something. I don't know."

"Well I think you should be fine, I mean you get set on fire one time... And you get stuck on desk duty."

"I know right?!?" He said laughing, "well hey let me show you around, I mean you probably already know the place pretty well, but hey, I'd rather be with you than doing paperwork."

I blushed a little and nodded as he showed me around the station.

***********

I was sitting at my desk, which luckily was right next to Jordan's, when I heard the Sheriff yell my name.