Chapter 4

"Alright kids! Time to stop dancing! Let's get in the house!" Peter opened the car door for them to get out. Melissa and Jack stepped out of the car door and ran to their new home. Melissa opened the door slowly and gazed at the bright hallway. Her mom was sat in the living room, watching the news with delight, she loved this new house too. Jack followed Melissa, looking at the same things as she did, he was very amazed by this house. Melissa walked quickly up the stairs, excited to see her new room; she opened her door as her eyes sparkled to see a bigger and better room than her old one. She had a king sized bed, all to her self, with see-through curtains surrounding it. The same curtains covered her windows too, but they were dark purple with a dark pink flower pattern. When you opened the curtains, you could see a small picture of Melissa's younger self and her dad at a wedding. Melissa decided to move the picture to the desk which was next to her bed, she wasn't that pleased with it being there. She walked back out and went to look for Jack, he was in the lab. Like Melissa's bedroom, the lab was bigger and better. There was more space and instead of a stand, Jack had a bed to lie on when he was turned off. "I'm guessing you like this place, don't you?" Peter was stood by the door watching Melissa and Jack explore the lab. "Yes Mr. Roberts! It's very delightful!" Jack replied, with a bright smile on his face. "I'm gonna check out the other rooms," Melissa said, walking slowly out of the lab. "Okay sweetie!" Peter replied, watching Melissa walk out the door. Melissa shut the door as Peter looked back at Jack. "Hey kid, you live in this house, so you can call me Peter, okay?" Peter smiled at Jack. "Y-Yes sir- I-I mean Peter." Jack hesitated, as it was quite different to call him by his first name. Peter patted his back and started to walk out the room. "Are you comin' kiddo? Dinner's gonna be ready soon!" Peter asked, watching Jack stammer. "Y-Yes!" Jack followed Peter down the stairs. He had to sit and watch TV in the living room since he technically couldn't eat because he was a robot. Melissa, Peter and Jane sat in the kitchen eating dinner, having a good conversation. Hopefully the conversation would be as good as the next day...