five

later that night, I sat in my bedroom deciding on what to wear to dinner at hayes & Nila's house.

"alauna Mae, are you ready?" my aunt says opening my door. it seems like my mom and aunt take turns checking on me.

"yes, i am. I'll be down in a minute." I say standing up. she closes the door and walks down stairs. I spray a little bit of perfume and flatten out my black dress. time to go.

I grab my phone off the charger and blow out my candle, walking downstairs. I walk outside shutting the door behind me and get in the back seat of my aunts fore runner.

"honey you look beautiful." my mom says as we back out of the driveway.

"thank you momma, so do you." I smile. she turns around and does something on her phone, and before you know it were in hayes' driveway. I step out of the car and walk up to the door with my mom and aunt following behind. before I can knock the door swings open to reveal hayes. he smiles and opens the door revealing the amazing scented home.

we walk in and before anything hayes introduces himself to my mom.

"hello ma'am it's nice to meet you, I'm hayes." he smiles kissing her hand as if she's royalty.

"I'm Brenda, it's so nice to meet you." she smiles slipping her shoes off. my mom and aunt both walk into the other room leaving me and hayes in front of the door.

"you look nice." he says.

"thank you, you too." I say awkwardly.

"alauna!" I hear and turn around to see Elizabeth running towards me.

"hi!" I smile and hug her.

"are you kids ready for dinner?" we nod and follow her into the dining room, gathering around the table. everyone takes their places and we start to eat the food that has been carefully set around the table.

my mom, my aunt, and Nila are so caught up in their conversations that they've barely ate, as for me and hayes, we've finished.

I rest my chin on the palm of my hand and look at the table, I wouldn't be surprised if the word bored was tattooed on my forehead.

a pair of feet kick mine from under the table and I look up to see hayes' head turned the other way as if he did nothing. I roll my eyes and kick him back.

I see his plump lips form a small smirk on his face and I smirk as well.

after a few intense moments of me and hayes assaulting each other with our feet, my eyes wander to the photographs on the wall. there's a few of what looks like Nila in her teen years, I'm assuming they're senior year pictures.

the next one I fix my eyes on is a family of four. one is nila, who happens to be the only girl. her mouth falls open as if she's laughing, the photo looks candid. next to her is a man with grey hair and piercing blue eyes, just like hayes'. a lot of his features resemble hayes. next to him is two boys who are about to throw a football to each other. the one holding the ball is an older looking teenaged boy. i thought the man with grey hair resembled hayes, but I'm starting to think this boy is hayes' clone. the other boy looks about 11, hayes. he has the same bright blue eyes he does now. they all do.

of course they do!

my massive brain fart is put to an end when i realize the two others in the photo have to be hayes' brother and his father. which reminds me, they're still 'camping'?

"psssst." my head snaps up and i look at the large nostrilled boy sitting across from me. he lets out a chuckle and stands up, gesturing for me to follow. I shrug and stand up, walking out of the kitchen.