six

"well I'm glad the two of you decided to finally return." Nila scolds us. "next time you get back after dark I won't be so nice about it. Alauna your mom and aunt went home, Hayes why don't you walk her there so she doesn't have to go alone." She finishes walking away.

"Sorry!" Hayes yells as she walks away. I smile as he turns on his heels to face me. "Well, ready to go?" I nod, Hayes opens the door for me and we walk out. The walk to my new home isn't very long, only a little chilly. We reach the front porch, stopping at the door and i turn to face him.

"Thanks for tonight, Hayes. I had... Fun." I say awkwardly playing with my fingers. He chuckles at my nerves and nods. "Glad you had fun. Goodnight Alauna." He smiles. I smile and reach back, turning the cold door nob.

"Goodnight Hayes."

***
"Alauna wake up, you have a visitor." My mother shakes me.

"If whoever it is cares enough to come for me this early, im sure they care enough to let me sleep in." I mumble, retucking myself in the covers. My eyes are closed but I can just imagine her rolling her eyes at my laziness before walking out. Seconds later I hear footsteps shuffle back in.

"mom, I told you im not getting up yet." I groan turning over.

"well then it's a good thing im not your mom." A deep voices laughs. I roll back over and open my eyes.

"Hayes? what are you doing here?" I say sitting up.

"it's a perfect day outside, so I thought I'd see if you wanted me to show you around." he smiles.

"this early?" i question.

"it's almost noon, besides we have a long day! I'll be waiting outside when you're ready." he says exiting my room.

not feeling that i have much of a choice I throw the blanket and stand up. I put on a pair of black shorts and a flowy grey t-shirt from Charlotte Russe. I brush out my hair and leave my face natural, grabbing some sandals and walking out the door. I walk in the kitchen to see Hayes sitting at the island in the middle, drinking a glass of orange juice and talking to my mom. I walk in and they both turn to face me.

"Ready to go?" Hayes asks. I nod and he finishes the orange juice in his cup, setting it down and standing up.

***

"Hayes! I'm gonna g-get you back for that!" I say shaking the ice cube out of the back of my t-shirt that he dropped in it.

"yeah that's what you said earlier when i tripped you in the store but you still haven't done anything about it." he smirks while sipping on his lemonade. I roll my eyes and get an idea. I smile and sneak an ice cube from my water, Hayes' head is turned looking out the window giving me the perfect opportunity to throw it at him. my aim isn't the best so the ice cube hits him in the ear instead, but that's still good. his head snaps to me and I laugh.

"what?" I say with an innocent look on my face.

"it's on." He says, and with that he grabs his straw on the table and rips off the end of the wrapper, blowing it at me but missing; the wrapper landing on the table behind us which happens to be a middle aged couple eating. Controlling my laughter is hard as it is but even harder when I'm laughing at Hayes' stupid mistake. His cheeks turn Crimson and he looks out the window as if he did nothing, giving me the perfect opportunity to sneak his phone off the table and under it. lucky enough for me he doesn't have a password, what an idiot. I scroll through his apps and go on his Twitter, he doesn't have many followers but I get an idea. I tweet;

'I have a foot fetish honestly, I needed to get that out.'

Before Hayes looks back I put the phone on the table and sip my water. The couple behind us noticed the straw and they weren't too happy about it. They were currently talking to their waitress and pointing at us, which wasn't a good sign. the waitress finished their conversation and came over to me and Hayes.

"I'm gonna have to ask the two of you to leave. You're disturbing the other customers." she says giving us a not so nice look. we just nodded and payed, leaving the restaurant.

"man, who pissed in her cheerios?" Hayes says as we exit the restaurant.

"probably the old couple who received your trash instead of toppings on their salads." i say causing him to laugh.

"whatever." he says. he continues to show me around town, all of the little shops and restaurants, even the places i'll probably never go to. we walk around town a little more until the sun starts to set, we start to walk back to my house.

"thank you for today Hayes, I had fun. and I got kicked out of a restaurant for the first time."

he laughed.

"I'm glad you had fun, I wouldn't want to be kicked out of a restaurant with anyone else."

we smiled at each other and there was an awkward silence before Hayes opened his arms and I wrapped mine around his neck. we pulled away from our first hug and bid our goodbyes. we may have gotten off to a slightly rough start but he's growing on me.