That Is Mine

What we claim to be ours deserves our protection and affection.
____________________________________________________________

Kristine's P. O. V

I kept the piles of books I was carrying into my locker when I heard the typical sound of heels clicking down the hall.

Click-Clack-Click-Clack....

That obnoxious sound of her 6 inch heels echoed in the empty hall, and amplified their effect ten times.

Oh, so she was walking up to me ?
Of course she was, but there was no way that girl moved a centimetre without a reason.
Can't blame her though, those pointed stilettos were enough pain already.

"Thats my locker you b***h"
So she loves cuss words ? Hmm, this conversation is going to be interesting.
I turned my head to face her, just to reveal to her the nerdy black framed glasses that sat on my nose.

Did I mention before that I had adorned the look of a nerdy student ? I don't think I did, anyway its because of two reasons,
First, the murderer's target were quiet scholar students, who went unnoticed all day long until someone picked them for sadistic entertainment.
So this way I suited myself to be his next prey.
Second, I was studious by nature so it was not tough to act like one, in fact it was not even acting.

"Can't you hear ?" Her shrill voice snapped me out of my own world, and  I just looked deeper into her eyes instead of speaking.

I had no plans of wasting my energy on trying to get something sensible into her head, but I thought of giving it a try.

"This locker has my roll number on it." I said in an uninterested tone, turning back to organise my locker.

To this she struts down to my locker to stand next to me and slowly pull off the sticker with my roll number on it.
"Now, it doesn't. " she said with a victorious smile on her face.

I raised a brow in a fashion to mock her audacity. The other one rose too when she parted her overly glossed lips to talk.
"Listen guurrl, you're new to this university and you have no clue of how things are here. So .... "
She dramatically kept her long manicured nail that belonged to her left index finger on my right shoulder blade.
" ... Stay away from the mess you cannot handle."
With that she dug her nail into my white tank top for emphasis, and turned to my locker to make an attempt at throwing all its contents out of their deserving place.

I realised her intentions just in time to grab hold of her hand.

This bag of makeup was going to know who she was messing with, and as I was about to call upon her, someone else did. Some one with a husky, matured voice.

I simply closed my eyes slowly, as Louis involved himself in this tiff.

"Hey Elliot."
There was a seductive quality in his voice, which successfully managed to cover up the detest hidden in them, just not from me.

"Oh Louis !" She exclaimed.
Suddenly Ms. Glitzy's priorities switched and she focused all her attention on the handsome, popular guy who stood right in front of her.

I closed my locker shut and locked it when she was shooting love struck looks at Louis, while he walked up to us.

"God your last concert was ah-meh-zinggg ! You just left the crowd dazzled. The girls of other schools were blushing to their feet."

I used be one of those girls.
I thought to myself and quickly stopped myself from veering from the current scene.

I took to securing the lock and keeping the keys in my backpack, so I could leave. Thats when Elliot, decided to do me some favour.

She threw herself on Louis in the most dramatic way possible and returned to her posture again just to say "Hmm, you smell delicious. You could do this 90-locker guurrl some favour by lending her some of your fragrance. Oh no, what am I saying ? Is it even possible to spice up a garbage can ?"

Is that all she got in store for me ? All the power they had was to stop me in my way, and give her a pat on the back for such amazing creativity.

"Yeah, Louis thats's a great idea. By the way Elliot, how do you stand your smell for 24/7 ?" I said in a nonchalant manner.

"Excuse me? Don't take it personally, its for the locker 90 gurrl." Elliot replied with a smirk that Louis wiped away.

"You are the locker-90 gurrl ..."Louis said in a mocking tone.
"Her says 19th." He ended at a casual note.
I couldn't stop from giving her an innocent stare, while I pointed in the direction of the fallen sticker.

"So is the price of your scent snuggling ?" She winked at him.
"Nope. $90 per puff of my perfume."
Was all Louis offered her.

To avoid further insults, she stormed out of the hall and Louis silently walked off in the other direction.

Once the hall was empty again I decided of sticking the sticker back, and thats when I saw a chit stuck in its place.
The contents of the chit were as follows,

How about coffee at 3 ? Meet me at the coffee shop on Wing B's terrace. Need to discuss about the case.

P. S :  Start searching for this place an hour ago and don't get lost. This place is a god damn castle.

From,
Louis

I could not help but smile at his note.
God, this guy has not lost his charm.

A/N ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey ! I was writing this at 1:30 am 🙈

The prologue is a bit stretchy as I wanted it to give the feeling as if the time ticked slower when they had their first meeting in this new phase in their life.

How is this chapter ? Do tell me !
QOTD : How was your first day in a new environment ( like school/uni/office )

If you have read this far then comment "Drama Queen" 🙈🙈💕

Don't forget to vote, comment and add this book to your library. :)))