Petrichor

The rain had stopped and I was still waiting at the bus stop. There was half and hour left for the sun to rise and I was yet not prepared for the test.

The next bus to the nearest bus stop to my University was after two hours, so I decided to walk.

Suddenly a guy with his guitar came over and laid his instrument's cover at my feet. He also generously gave out an erie smile.
Not to mention that the sun had yet not risen and I was planning to leave that arena.

He seated himself on the steel railing of the bus stop and started stringing his guitar in some tune that could spook the hell out of someone's soul.

I also suspiciously stared at his nails looking for the sign of blood.
I mean, which jerk plays when there is no crowd and lays his guitar's bag on wet ground over the head of a passing snail ?
More than that, I was pretty sure only jerks like him whose intentions were undetectable smiled like a pervert at a lonely girl who was just wishing to get back to her dormitory safe.

I could feel the calm spread over my face externally but mentally I was prepared to shower some blows on him if he dared cross his limits because unlike the rest, I knew karate.

Perks of being a secret agent.

"Madame, did you dance in the rain ?"

Perhaps he was drunk, or had some eyesight problem.

"Madame, did you kiss the rain drops?"
After saying this he strummed the strings once.

Whether he was reciting a poem with musical pauses or he was trying to kill the sleeping birds resting in their comfy nests on the branches of the overhead tree, by his vocal abilities, one would never know.

He continued...
"Because I can see them slip down your lips."

Were they rain drops he was talking about or was it... ..?
Nah, he was simply visually impaired or sloppy drunk, the latter I guessed was the reality as his words were slurred and lacked clarity.

"Oh look how they drip." He said making me super conscious of the the non existent liquid on my lips as he pointed a crooked finger at it and cracked a creepy smile.

"Shut up, or you'll wonder what happened to your hips." I thundered, copying the warning stare of a lioness that she mercilessly provides to the shameless wolf.

That guy was hardly equal to the ravenous example I had made, though he was equally horny.

Soon the bus arrived and I was well rid of that man. Luckily the bus was empty except for a guy with his headphones on, too busy to disturb the world. I took my window seat and looked at the rain washed streets and the sunbeams that bathed the streets in a glimmer of gold.

As I was too occupied soaking in the positive energy, I unintentionally ignored Louis's 10 messages which I did not get to see until after my math test.

At first it was all smiles, but soon enough it turned a bit sour.

They read :

6:50 Did you reach safely ?

6:50 Are you there yet ?

6:50 Are you studying math ?

6:51 Are you ?
This kind of irresponsible behaviour will not be tolerated Miss.
What is this ?

6:52 L : Why can you not reply in 2 minutes ?

6:52 L : Is too hard ?

6:54 L : Are your hands tied ?

6:55 L : Wait.

6:57 L :If this phone is in the hands of a kidnapper, I'll let you know that the one you have in captivity has as much importance as that of a rat on a sinking ship. So, trust me, having a hold on her is completely pointless.

8:09 Me :It's me.

8:09 L : Now, now. Don't play with that filthy little rat you caught. Trust me they do nothing more than cut nets. Also it would be nice, if you could stop pretending to be her.

8:10 Me : You still need to collect your apple devices from that secret secretary of yours.

8:11 L : So I guess, it's you...?

8:12 Me: Next time you have got a question, ask.
It is called "Question - Answer" not "Question- Assume"

With that, I kept my phone back into my bag.
Rat on a sinking ship, huh ?
Well, what he totally missed was that rats abandon the ship as soon as it fails...

... and they were the reason why anyone ever comes to know the might of the ocean.

***

Hello lovelies :)

Please, Vote, comment and add this book to your library :)
It just encourages mua to write better :))

Appreciation is much appreciated !

After a long time !!
Though it may appear that I have been more of a lazy slouch, I have been appearing for some important examinations.

More serious updates coming soon :))
Serious as in length wise, time wise and maybe ... story wise ;)

QOTD : Have you ever got insulted via texts ?
AOTD : yes.

If you read thus far, firstly THANK YOU ! Also, comment "Texts"

See ya soon ;)
Much love,
Pia xoxo