Chapter 19

Being abused by my ex really took toll on my life. After all that I went through with men I kept my guard up. I refused to go through the same shit, I'll kill a man before I let him put his hands on me again word to my momma, no wonder I'm so ignant now. My big brother Dre and my ex used to be friends until he found out we were dating. Kevin told me he warned all the boys in the hood that he fucked with not to "get wit" his lil sister, that was the end of their friendship. You see Dre was a crip and if I told him Kevin was putting his hands on me he'd kill him and the last thing I'd want is to be in between a murder investigation so I kept quiet. The only reason I stayed with Kevin was because the money I was making working at his Club as a dancer, yes I regret it, but the 2k I was making a week had me coming back for more. I manged to save up a shit load of cash. I saved up enough money to pay for the college courses I was taking before I thought about being a model, for a bad gyal livin in the ghettoest part of NY I had goals.

I broke up with Kevin at my mommas house while she was in the kitchen cookin for Dre the day he visited from compton, the perfect day, kev knew not to put his hands on me while they were around. He didn't take it lightly when I broke the news to him we had a screaming match he called me all types of names, Dre had to pimp slap his ass throwin him out my mommas house sayin "If I eva catch yo ass near my sister or my momma again you better make sure you come strapped, best believe that nigga."

He ain't never show his face again after that, but word on the street was Kevin wanted me back and had it out for me weeks later I didn't tell Dre. My momma advised me to go stay with Dre in compton, she must be crazy I love my big brother Dre, but he livin that violent lifestyle Ion fuck with that gun shit. I heard he's helped major people kill all kinds of individuals and if I got shot because of his ass ooooo the shit I would do let me not start. After all that I took the first flight to LA the not turning back, said goodbye to my momma & siblings, I'd work on getting them up here once I'm real settled and know my way around.

Currently I'm laying in bed pondering if I should go apologize to Brooklyn since I hurt the lil whiteboy feelings, now I'm not the type to be the bigger person I'd rather act like that lil scene where he threw that glass Vace without cleaning it up didn't happen. He'll get over it in the morning I don't have time for the foolishness, I'm sleep on his ass.

7:30am~~~~~

I woke up extra early to do my hygenie routine and put my hair in a messy bun putting on my black V-Neck and khaki short shorts, I had no makeup on whatsoever I was going natural.

I head downstairs ready to make breakfast for the first time in months, since I've been in LA I haven't had the time to cook for myself. I open the fridge to see it's loaded looks like Beooklyn keeps it stocked. I grab the pack of eggs, bacon, sausages and butter placing them on the marble counter, opening the cabinets I look around for pancake mix placing the box on the counter as well. Getting a bowl I begin cracking some eggs, after cracking the third egg I realize I can't do all this without listening to some music to brighten my mood, I unlock my phone scrolling through my songs and play Real Love by Mary J Blidge, my homegirls and I would always jam to the beat of this song. After Whipping the eggs I start on the pancakes my favorite, I honestly can't remember the last time I had them. I spray some oil to the pan and place some mixture on top.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I'm cooking at the stove top I begin dancing moving my shoulders up and down to the music, booty poppin and everything like a little teenage school girl.

I turn to the side still dancing to music placing napkins ontop of a plate for the bacon removing excess oil just how my momma taught me. I washed all the dishes I used and put hella food on my plate licking my lips thinking this bouta go downnnn!