Prologue

PROLOGUE: JAMES

THE very moment I set my eyes on her was the first time I was truly breathing.

She awakened something deep inside me that had longed been dead. She ignited Desires that had long been buried. She awoken yearnings that I didn't want to feel anymore. What she made me feel was dangerous.

She was dangerous.

I knew she was going to be the death of me the moment she entered the room. Hell, I was damned the moment she walked through the door. I was already hers the moment her emerald clashed into my sapphire.

I told myself that I would be damned not to have her.

But now I'm even more ruined by having her. By tasting her bitterness. Her sourness. Her sweetness. Her anger. Her pain. And everything else she has to offer.

But she was also a woman drowning in her untold secrets. I could detect her pain the slightest moment she let her guard down.

She was ice. She was fire. And it did not nothing but only fuel mine in return.

I hated her for it. Yet I craved her because of it. She was hiding something. Something much deeper than I could comprehend.

I had secrets too goddammit. I just wasn't hiding it from her. I was hiding it from the world. From myself. I had my own cross to bear. And she had her own sins that stained her. I didn't know what it was. And I did not want to know.

But I needed her. I needed an escape and she-she was it.

She warned me to stay away from her. She told me of the consequence. But I refused.

Now I'm left even more ruined that I already was.

Goodreads: https:/www.goodreads.com/book/show/25391062-sadistic-affair