Chapter Nine

RITA

                  THE LATE afternoon slowly burned into the evening as I spent my time working in the studio, fixing pieces of cloth together on mannequins. I walked back to my desk and emailed a client and answered pending clients on appointment time to meet them. I wrote the last set of email to an owner small boutique in South Dublin and sent an order form to the Catherine Johnson boutique in Eastern Amsterdam and New York before closing the MacBook pro.

              I went back into the Living room and cursed by damn pride as I stared out at the window, viewing the city. I stood aimlessly and crossed my arms against my chest as I ping of loneliness whisked its way inside me. I liked last night. I liked the way I felt when I came back from my bedroom and found a lost damaged handsome stranger asleep on my couch. But it was a sad recognition. A solitude of emptiness that we shared. The air had a painful broken silence.

            I turned my back and walked towards the door when I heard a knock. I walked towards the door and looked through the peephole lense. I opened the door and stood before him. His eyes fixed on the door as if he could break it open with his fixated gaze alone.

          "Rita." He turned towards me, his eyes hooded, complexly fixated on me, causing my stomach to churn. He was wearing a crisp white shirt under his suite. He leaned up fresh, completely different from the man I saw last night and earlier this morning.

         "What are you doing here?" I asked as I stood by the door.

         "I came to say Goodbye to you." He spoke.

          "Goodbye?" I asked him, as I smiled inwardly, but remained slightly confused. He wanted say goodbye but we barely knew each other. I didn't know what broke him last night. The thought of The Elizabeth Bellaire's son standing at my front door amused me. It was flattering to be honest. Although she did raise a mess, she also raised a very handsome man.

           "Yes. I'll be leaving for France in about forty five minutes. So I came to goodbye. I thought it would be a descent thing to do considering last night..." He answered, stealing a quick glance of the cattier watch. I stood by the door, glaring at him.

          "You aren't going to let me stand here like a loyal dog, are you?" He asked, crooking a brow at me.

          "Come in." I stated even though he was already in the suite, his chest facing my back as I tried to ignore the growing tension that palpitated between us. I entered back into the living room as he followed me, his presence overwhelming the space.

           "Rita. Face me." He ordered, his voice deepening with control at every syllabus. I closed my eyes my stomach fluttered. I felt my limps go weak at the sound of his voice.

            "You know, I wasn't even supposed to be here in Chicago. I wasn't to go at the Le Chateau. I did for someone that was important to me. But I did came here. And I met you. All it took was one glance, Rita. One glance and I wanted to be yours."

           "Say your goodbyes and leave, Moore." I spoke, forcing the words out of me. My throat went dry.

             "I said face me goddammit." He demanded in a hush tones that underlined control.

             I closed my eyes as I inhaled a deep breath and forced my weak legs to move. The man made me weak in the knees. I finally turned around, our eyes latched onto each other. Greens to wild intense blue. Lust to passion. Broken to hopeless.

            Lost to desperate.

            "I said, say your goodbye and leave." I said, emphasizing my every words. My spin spine weakened as he glared at me, clenching his Jaw so tight I could see the muscles twitching. Even though I said he should leave, every part me wanted hold so tight to him. I wanted to get lost in him. I wanted to feel goddamn it. He angry. He reached for his pockets and took out what looked like a check book.