Chapter 1

"Oh my god! I am so sorry!" I apologised while trying to catch my breath from running. I quickly stood up as I held my hand out to help him up.

"It's okay," he replied with a faint smile. "Here you go." He handed me my glasses that fell off when I bumped into him.

"Thanks." I replied while putting my glasses back on.

I could now see him properly. He looked like one of your typical everyday guys. You know, dirty blonde hair styled in a quiff, tan skin, blue eyes, pretty tall, well taller than average. He wore a black t-shirt that had a Nirvana symbol on it while the sleeves were slightly rolled up. Black ripped skinny jeans, black vans with no socks and black sunnies that sat on the top on his head. He had bracelets wrapped around his wrists which looked pretty cool. There were batman, leather wristbands, comic wristbands and about three string-like bracelets - like an anklet. I got the vibe that he would be the type of guy who would spend his life on the coast, partying and at the beach. I could tell he was very Australian like the 'g'day' type of Australian who surfs everyday.

"Luke," he told me as he held out his hand.

"What?" I replied with a confused look.

"My names is Luke." He laughed.

"Oh, I'm Delilah." I answered as I shook his hand.

He couldn't stop starring at me with this goofy and mischievous smile on his face while he kept fiddling with his lipring.

"Okay, well I've got to run. There's a game that ran out of prizes and I have to get more teddy bears." I stated as the look on his face changed from goofy to confused.

"You work here?" He asked as his left eyebrow raised.

"Yes I do. I help out here so when games run out of prizes I have to go out and get more." I explained while rushing my words.

"Do you work here?" I questioned while I checked my phone to see a missed call from my mum. I ignored the notification and shoved my phone back into my pocket.

"Ahuh," He answered. "I work at the dodgems."

"Oh cool." I said as the tone in my voice sounded enthusiastic.

"Yeah it's alright." He groaned. "I'd rather be at home playing Xbox but you've gotta do what you've gotta do yeah?"

"Yeah." I sighed. I felt this vibration in my jeans' back pocket seeing that my mum was calling again. I interrupted our conversation and answered her call.

"Hi mum, what's up?" I spoke.

"It's dad," he laughed. I giggled at his reaction before he continued on. "I was just seeing if you were okay."

"Yeah, I'm all good." I replied.

"Okay, that's good." He said as he stopped talking for a few moments. "Well I'll catch you later, love you."

"Love you too." He ended the call with a mumbled 'bye' and then hung up.

I looked over to Luke who was watching all the people walk past. "I'll meet you at the dodgems later on." I said with a smile on my face which caught his attention. I slowly started to walk off still facing him as he smiled and waved me goodbye.

"Okay." He answered as the goofy and mischievous smile reappeared on his face. He walked off slowly as we both kept eye-contact. Before I knew it I ended back at the game that ran out of teddy bears which were now all stocked up. I had a short break which meant I could eat something and calm myself down from the crazy morning I've just had. It was now 1:00 in the afternoon and I just couldn't stop thinking about Luke.