Werewolves & Vampires Part 2

[Continued]

April 22, 2013 2:34 PM

(Isabelle's POV) 

"Isabelle Mayberry?!" My mom yelled through the phone. "Why didn't you go to school today?" 

My eyes widen. School? Wasn't today a weekend day or something? I look at the date on my phone. Crap. Today was Monday... I could've sworn... "Mom, stop yelling. I forgot, I'm sorry! I thought today was Sunday!"

"Forgot? Isabelle, you never forget about school! What's gotten into you?" Her volume slowly lowers and all I hear is her hard breathing and after that, a sigh. I sighed myself. I had never been absent before. I bet my friends are freaking out. I imagine their faces and burst out laughing. "What's so funny, Isabelle?" Mom's voice poked through the phone. I had totally forgot about her.

I told a random lie. "Oh, it's just that I was drawing somebody and I made their nose look funny, mom. Nothing, really. I'm really sorry I forgot," I added, hoping she would let this go.

"If this happens again, your alarm clock is going to be me, you got it?" Oh, that was so threatening. Not like you had ever cared before, mom! 

I faked a smile even though she couldn't see me. "Oh, I hear ya," and then I hung up. This isn't over, I could tell. She never let things go. In fact, even if she is the one making the mistakes, she would bring it on herself. Quite stupid, if you ask me. Not that I'm calling my mother stupid or anything...

So you probably want to know what happened when I met Connor's friends, right? Well, here's what happened.

"Vampire's House" 11:37 AM

We had walked to a little house near the library I went to, and the let's just say it wasn't that small of a house for a single person. Well, it was two floors, but still. Just looking at the front of the house made me feel all... homey inside. It was quite nice. 

I didn't know which friend of Connor's I was meeting first, but I held my breath. Connor appeared and smiled at me, looking at my nervous face. "She's not going to bite. Yet," he said mysteriously. Wait a minute. She? It's a girl? Hold up, bite? Is this a vampire joke or a werewolf joke? Because both of them bite. Seeing my annoyed and confused face, Connor laughs and rings the doorbell. 

A girl, who seemed not to be older than Connor, was the person I saw at the door. She had short brown curls, which fitted her kind of baby-like face. Her lips were rosy pink and her eyes, they were goddamn gorgeous. Her eyes were light green, and her pupils were so small I could see the little glass-like shades of green in her eyes. She was in dark jeans and a plain black shirt, and she looked up at Connor and smiled. "Connor!" she greets and gives him a hug.

"Hi, Emily," he says as he is released from her hug. Then his eyes move to me. "This is Isabelle, she's my... friend." I didn't know why, but my heart had dropped at his words. "You know," he shrugs as he stares at Emily, who was staring... uh... hungrily, at me.

"Ah, the Isabelle, right?" she asks, and Connor nods. "Well, Isabelle, what brings you here?"

"I want to know how you guys are made, why you guys are made, and who your creator was," I spoke. "And by your looks, I'm guessing you're a vampire." 

Emily smiles. Her teeth were fucking perfect. Pardon my French, but seriously, I'm not over exaggerating. "Ah, a curious one," she says in a British accent. "Okay, come in, and I'll try to tell you everything I know."

I was in her house, which was quite neat if you ask me. Though, in a sad way, it was empty. The walls were navy blue, though the ceiling was white, and the way everything was set up, it looked kind of like a guy's house. And I have no idea whatsoever how I knew that.