The Last

Connor's POV

May 24, 2013 2:46 to 3:30 PM

It's fine to say that I kind of fast forwarded a month. Isabelle has been drowned in REACH, notes, and finals. So being the awesome person I am, I have been coaching her through all the long nights in the past month. After a month and only a month, I didn't get how Isabelle even survived. Luckily, the last two final tests were cancelled because apparently the teachers didn't know when the grading period ended. Let's just say that was a pissed-off and thank-God moment for Isabelle.

So today was the last day of school, and hopefully I will get two months with Isabelle. But after seeing what happened today, I don't think anything's going to happen between us.

I was listening to music on Spotify using Isabelle's laptop. She had openly told her all of her user names and passwords, telling me not to disappoint her. I didn't dare. Anyway, so I was listening to Hanson. But after about two minutes into the song, Isabelle storms in the room with all of her school stuff. She dropped it onto the floor and jumped on her bed, burying her face in her pillow and growling viciously.

I went over to her and sat on the edge of the bed. "So... how was your last day of school?"

"Fucking. Horrible," Isabelle answers. It was rare that she cursed. Something must've really happened at school...

"How so?" I frowned as she flipped over onto her back.

"I was stuck in the gym for the whole day. I was with all the gym girls in my period. There were about four boys in the gym but then they had to go. The gym was split and so there was only a girl side and a boy side. That goddamn wall ruined the fun. The only time I saw the boys was at lunch. I can't live a day without boys. Ugh, anyways, so I couldn't hug my fucking crush on the last day of school. That sucked. We played volleyball for literally the whole day. Our little 'end-of-the-school-year' party wasn't even planned. Yep, that was one of the most depressing last days of school I had ever had." Isabelle flipped back over and plopped her face once again into the pillow.

To be honest, I didn't really care for the story; I just wanted to be the person that made her felt better. Then again, I always am. After hearing her terrible last day of school, the only word that stayed in my mind was crush. She had a crush. I mean, we've gotten really close in the past month. She didn't bother telling me she had a crush?

"Life sucks," Isabelle whines.

"No shit," I mumble.

June 3, 2013 8:47 AM

Over the last week Isabelle hasn't been her best. She's been reading, drawing, and most of all, complaining. She's been bored out of her freaking mind. Plus, she didn't even want to talk. She stayed in silence.

And if you care, I was bored too.

June 4, 2013 Midnight

I usually left Isabelle alone when she went to sleep, but she couldn't. Would you care to know why? She was crying over her fucking asshole of a crush. I didn't notice until I heard her silent intake of breaths. 

"Isabelle, why are you crying?" I asked in a calm voice.

She got out her laptop and went on Facebook, then showing me a status.

So today I experienced a new emotion. I think it was an emotion. Basically, an attractive person winked at me and it physically felt like a solid punch in the gut. Is this what people have historically documented as love at first sight? Punch in the stomach = happily ever after starts now?