Chapter 5

Alli's POV

"Get out of my office." Truman yells.

I get up and walk out. I run over to Felix's house and climb the ladder to the window of his room. When I pass his parents' window, I see Felix going through his mom's make-up. He hides the things he knows she uses on a daily basis under her sink. Then he goes to his own room and pulls out a t-shirt from his drawer. He takes off his shirt about to replace it with another. I jump through the open window and scream. Felix jumps, drops his shirt, and says; "What the freak? Get Out!" He yells at me.

I step back, and head toward the window like a lost dog. Felix stares at me with wide eyes. He rushes to my side and grabs my waist and pulls me in for a hug. "I didn't mean it like that. I push him away and he comes back. "Don't leave. I was kidding, I love you." he says with affection. I step closer and wrap my arms around him. I notice he's been working out, because his grip is more tight and his chest is more bony. He comes in closer and gives me a kiss. He drags me into the kitchen and picks me up. Next thing I know, he sits me on the table and hands me a can of whipped cream. He next gets out cherries and sprinkles. Then he gets a can of whipped cream. He sprays the can in his mouth and adds sprinkles and cherries. I do the same. Then we go outside and sit on the balcony. 

"Ya know, this is more fun than I thought." Felix says with a smile on his face. He steps back inside and sits on the his bed. I look at him and he is staring at my hand. He reaches his over toward mine. I cough a little, and watch his hand. I scoot in closer to make everything easier. He grabs my hand and squeezes it. He turns toward face mine. I get scared and get up. How could you ruin that? He was holding your hand. "Felix, I'm sorry. It's just...I...never mind." I tell him. I don't want him to feel like he has sweaty hands or something. I head toward the front door until he says something.

"Alli. Where are you going?" He stopped me at the door.

I don't answer him and push him away. I run toward the school and go back inside to meet Vanessa.

As I reach the school, Vanessa messages me.

Vanessa: Where are you? You missed 5th period and Principal Truman is so mad it's funny. Do you know what's up?

Ughhhhh.

I text back and for some reason laugh.

Alli: in the nurse's office and whats wrong with truman

I walk into my 6th period class, Mr. Dellio, and spot Vanessa I take the empty seat beside her and cough and make a sick voice to cover myself from getting caught by Vanessa, since she is like the school pet to Truman. 

Then I died. Truman walked in the room.

"I saw the fugitive walk in the room so where is she." Truman scans the room in search of, well, me. As a careful person who pranks people a lot, I carry disguises. I search through my gym bag for something to cover for me. I find make-up and a few wigs. I pull out the blonde wig and lean under my desk and placed it on my head. And then the worst happened.  Truman smiled a mischievous smile and said with his eyes Come here. I get up and walk toward him. I follow him to his office and he smiles at me. Again. I really hope he doesn't notice.

"Take a seat... Miss..."

Crap. What is a name?

Pheobe Bryant? Amber Valentine? Karlie. Karlie Thompson.

"My name is Karlie... Thompson."

"Are you going to participate in the Miss Eastwood Pageant?"

What the... Me... Pageant...? That doesn't match. 

"No. Why would I?"

"Aren't you in cheerleading?"

"No..."

"Alright. You can be dismissed back to class."

I get up and walk out. Gosh, that was close.