Chapter 2

Felix's POV

Right about now, Gary should be calling my mom to tell her about my expulsion.

And that can't happen.

On average, an Eastwood High fire drills take 11 minutes.

I only need 10.

I pull the fire drill, not caring if anyone saw me. It was the last day for me at Eastwood, and I needed to make the most of it.

"Yo! Felix!" I hear a familiar voice coming down the steps. It's my best friend Danny.

"Dannyboy! What's up, buddy?" I yelled at him across the sidewalk.

" You pull the fire alarm?" He asks me with a wide smile.

"Of course. Did I get you out of that trig test?"

"Yep." He screams louder because we get farther apart.

"I timed that perfectly."

"You bet."

"I heard you got suspended."

"Nope. Expelled."

"You serious? What are you're parents gonna say?"

"More like what's Alli gonna say. She's gonna be sooooo mad."

(Alli is my girlfriend.)

I run down the steps and yell "FINALLY!"

I should have a celebration when I get home. I get on my bike and ride home as fast as possible. When I get there, there's a big box on the doorstep that reads 'fragile'.

At that same moment my phone vibrates in my pocket.

It's a message from Alli.

Alli: Heard you got expelled.

I message her back and laugh at the thought of what she may say.

Felix: Yep. Just being myself. 

Her reply shocks me.

Alli: How do you think I should get expelled

I pinch myself to see if I was dreaming. All of my high school career I was looking for a 'bad girl' who would want to be expelled. Alli never wanted expulsion, she did pranks she knew would never have a bad enough punishment as expulsion. She enjoyed pulling pranks at school. Last year in the yearbook, her picture was under school clown. Mine was the year before. A few years earlier, Ben, my brother, had gotten that one, but for cheesy pranks. 

I think long and hard until she texts me again.

Alli: nevermind

Dang. I almost did it. 

I message her back.

Felix: So u don't want expulsion

Alli: I do. I had an idea. I'll spray paint and silly string Truman's office.

At last. My girlfriend wants to VANDALIZE Truman's office. Even I've never done anything that bad.