One

' Welcome to the Soul Mate Program! Here we do our best to find our teens soul mates, without distraction from the outside world's problems! We will except anyone from ages sixteen to eighteen, and they can stay until they find their soul mate! One-hundred percent free and every guest has garentued safety!
So come on down, and find your soul mate!'

I read the first page of the pamphlet my mother had handed me this morning. It was for me, she wanted me to go to this place. The supposed 'best place for young lover's as she had told me. She was just mad I didn't have a boyfriend.

"Remember, all I want is the best for you." I remembered the words she had said as she thrown this thing at me. She ran down the hall afterwards like an embarrassed little girl.

I sighed, tossing it onto my dresser as I fell backwards on my bed. I could hear my mom pacing around upstairs, she ways did that when I had to decide things.

"This is stupid," I said, brushing my bangs back, but they just fell back to my eyebrows.

"What's this?" My older sister asked, grabbing the pamphlet before I could reach for it, "Oh, are you just looking for your soul mate? Didn't know you where in ta this stuff." She said, holding it open above her head. Her three inches of height made me barely able to reach the pamphlet, as she held it over her head.

"Give it! It's Mom's idea anyway!" I yelled, the pamphlet less than an inch within reach.

"Give it back to your sister, Olivia!" Mom yelled from upstairs. I got a glare from Olivia as she shoved the pamphlet back to me. Moments later, Mom came into my room.

"What up, Mom?" Livie said, waving at Mom. She shook out her dyed blue hair, as if to remind her that she was a 'rebellious' child. I rolled my eyes, the worst thong she had done is skip class. Compare that to my brother's habits, and she was as rebellious as a dog that didn't come back the moment you called it.

"You need to leave Alice alone, she hasn't had a boyfriend for the first sixteen years of her life, and I say she needs one." Mom said, folding her arms and agreeing with herself.

"Do I have to?" I asked Mom, posting a little bit.

"Maybe, and if your father says 'yes,' then most definitely."

"Whatta 'bout my opinion?"

"Shoulda got a boyfriend if you wanted an opinion." Olivia said, smirking while she ran out of the room. A near dodge from Mom's glare.

"Sadly your sister's right. We've had a talk about you being homosexual or not. Now I'm just worried you're going to be alone for the rest of your life." Mom said, "I'll talk with your dad when he gets home." She shook her head while leaving me alone.

Maybe I should explain some things.

You're problem sitting there like, "Well, Alice, it's not that weird for a fifteen year old not to have a boyfriend." and you're right. But I'll be turning sixteen in a week and then it'll be weird. Although we do gave a reason.

Ten years ago, we ended WWIII. And with the end came some awkwardness between the nations. So as a solution, we all agreed to think of love for a while. Wars were put on hold, and more proceeds were put to charity. Campaigns were more directed towards improving love. And as a final thread in this whole project, came the program.

The Soul Mate Program is where all nations go to find their soul mate, although it is divided by first language. They targeted teens because they thought teens were the most likely to fall in love.

So I sat on my bed, scrolling around on tumblr, waiting for my dad to come home to give the thumbs-up or thumbs-down. I hears the front door open and my little sister, Mary, attack my dad.

"Honey, I'm home!" He called out, holding the three year old on his hip. I was peeking from my cracked open door.

"I've got to talk about something with you." Mom said, leaning over the railing of the staircase to talk to him. Based on Dad's sudden somber face, I guessed that was Mom's face as well.

They went upstairs to talk. I could hear the middle of their conversation through the ceiling of my room. They didn't seem to be fighting, but it wasn't a stroll through the garden conversation either.

They talked for two hours, until Mary started crying out of exhaustion. I looked over at the clock, and saw it was about midnight. I changed into pajamas and laid down in my bed. I fell asleep as I imagined what the results would be.