Movie Night

Written by satsuha on divainart

"Umm... (y/n)-chan, remind me again why we're doing this..?" Makoto looked uncomfortable, constantly scratching this one part on his arm and looking away.

"Because it's nearly Halloween!" I said, pulling out a CD from a shelf. "What better way to celebrate than a scary movie?"

"A lot of ways actually..." I heard him mutter, but I ignored it. Although it may seem like we'd be dating, we're no more than good friends. Hopefully today can change that. I gulped as I inserted the CD into the DVD player. Horror wasn't exactly my thing, but I was willing to risk it.

I led him onto the sofa, and we made ourselves comfortable. Makoto was gripping a cushion in his arms, staring intently into the screen. I stifled a laugh; he might be big but inside he was just a softie.

As the film began, we were both calm. Bored, even. But I braced myself for the worst, knowing that jumpscares are common in horror movies. It was quiet for another few minutes, but when the first jumpscare appeared I was ready. I just tensed up, forcing myself to not make a sound. Makoto, on the other hand, yelped in surprise and grabbed onto my shoulders.

"A-ah, sorry, (y/n)-chan..." I could hear his voice shake, but I could tell he was trying to hide his fear. He wasn't very good at that.

Throughout the movie we eventually got closer and closer, until we were practically snuggling against each other. At one point I looked up at him, and he was already staring at me. Unlike other times, he didn't look away. His face turned serious, and I tuned out from the movie playing in the background.

"You know how... a lot of people think we're a couple?" he mused quietly.

"Y-yeah?"

"What do you think of that?"

W-what? Is he asking me out? Or does he think the rumour will never come true?

"I..." he took a deep breath. "I want it to be a reality."

Almost on instinct, I quietly replied, "Me too." He might not have the best way with words, but I knew what he meant. "Me too." I repeated, a bit louder this time.

"Re-really?" I could practically see his face light up. He immediately wrapped his arms around me and hugged tightly. I brought my arms to return the favour, hugging him back. I felt him plant a kiss on my hair, and I pulled back and gave him one on the nose.

I don't even remember watching the end of the movie.