Neko x reader

There was always one girl Makoto was interested in. (L/N) (F/N).
He thought she was rather captivating; some sort of mysterious girl.
But then again, that was true.

He was generally interested in her because she had pointy, (H/C) cat ears that say on top of her head, and a tail that matched.
She attended the same high school as him, Iwatobi, and usually took the same classes, too.

Makoto sat right behind you, most of the time trying to catch your calming (E/C) gaze.
He never really succeeded.

He loved how your hips would sway, and how you'd pull cat faces at other people out of excitement. You'd always flick your ears and lash your tail, as if you had control.

Today, for once, he was going to talk to you. For sure. Certain.

He sat up, slipping out of his warm bed sheets, changing his clothes.
It was a little later than usual, and Haruka was probably waiting for him outside.
He stepped out of the door, and just as he thought, Haruka was there.
"Sorry, Haru-Chan." Makoto scratches the back of his head, apologising. "It's okay; lets go." They both begin to walk along the sidewalk.

"Makoto." Haruka calls his best friend's name. "Yes, Haru?" Makoto turned his head around.
"You should talk to that girl today.
She's over there, playing volleyball." Makoto coughed, "Haru, you know, I don't want to bother her."
"But you like her."
"Haru!"
"Get to know her."
"Haru!"
Makoto shook his head as Haruka kept making blunt and simple comments.

You pushed your hand against the ball, shuffling your feet around. Tail in your way, again. Sure, it was early, before school, but you wanted to practice. Even if this wasn't sand, it was good enough. It wasn't like you were going to skid on the concrete to get the ball over the other side of the net.
"Good job, (F/N) Senpai!" Your best friend, (F/L/N) (F/F/N) called out, giving you a high five. "I'm not your Senpai," you frown, getting your drink bottle.
"Hey, isn't that Tachibana-San over there with Nanase?" You swallow water, looking over your shoulder as your friend points. You flatten your ears. "Um, yeah. Why do you say...?"
"Oh! Look, he's coming over!"
"Shut up!"
"Bye! Tell him that you like him!"
"Wait!--"

...(F/F/N) ditched you.
"(L/N)-San," You hear Makoto's voice.
"Oh, hey!" You awkwardly wave, smiling as bright as you could.
"...How are you?" Small talk. Nice one, Makoto. "I'm good."

"Do you want to have lunch with me on the rooftop? I have something I need to tell you."
Your (E/C) eyes widen. "Wha-- Okay."
The bell rang, as if on cue.

You and Makoto walk to class, chatting a little more.
After a few boring hours, you follow Makoto to the rooftop, with Haruka and the other swim team members giving you random questions.

As if Haruka knew something between you and Makoto would happen, he and the other swim team members left you alone with the olive-haired boy.
"Where are they off to?" You want to follow, but Makoto grabbed your arm.
"U-Um! (L/N)-San! I need to tell you something!"
Your tail sagged.
"...?"
You looked disappointed.
"What, Tachibana-San?"
"I like you!"
He says quickly.
You perk your ears, blushing. "W-Why me...?"
You ponder aloud.
"I like how your like a cat all of the time!"
Your face brightens and he chuckles.
"Y-Your cute and funny, and your good t sports.
"Makoto! I love you!" That's the first time you called him by his first name.
He awkwardly strokes your hair as your purred, clinging onto his shirt.
"(F/N)!" He laughs.

Then he kissed you, holding your tail softly whilst he was at it.

Written by Kyoknii on deviant art