Chapter 1

Rylie P.O.V.

                I could feel the last of the song pulse through my body as I complete the last steps in the modern dance that I have choreographed for the fall recital in about 3 months. I wiped the sweat that began to make tracks down the side of my face as I closed my eyes to slow my breathing. Pulling the elastic out of my long hair, I began walking towards the stereo system to shut it down and clean up the mess I had made over the past couple of hours in Ma’s dance studio.

                 My full lips curved into a small smile at how Ma would react to the takeout Chinese containers, soda cup, chocolate wrappers, and all the papers on the pristine floor of her studio. Ma was the owner of the dance studio where I have spent the last 13 years of my life running from my family to. I would consider Ma more of a parent to me than either of my biological parents ever has been. She literally gave me a second home, a place to run to when my mother and father became too much for me to emotionally handle.

                 Ma had given me the keys to her studio about a year ago. It was the day that I had turned 16 and Ma had found me sitting outside it in the rain crying over something my mother or father said to me. That night I danced in the studio while Ma watched me push myself, knowing that I needed the release of emotion that only dance could provide me. When I finally collapsed on the ground in tears she had pulled me into her arms kissed my forehead and told me everything would work out the way it was intended to. After that she handed me the keys and made me a choreographer for a couple of her classes. We had both known that she was just trying to help keep me out of my house and away from the emotional strain of my parents.

                 Glancing in the mirror I looked at myself; my whole body was tan from running in my dance outfit daily. My legs were long and lean and my stomach flat with barely there abs. I had a smaller chest but I was okay with that as it made dancing easier than being well endowed. Pushing my hair back I studied my face; I had full pink lips, what some would call a “button” nose and wide blue eyes framed by thick black lashes. I rarely wore makeup as I had a smooth and clear complexion; I refer to it as good genes. The only good thing your parents ever did for you. I thought to myself. Moving on... my hair is naturally brown, but I put blonde highlights throughout and dyed the bottom layer pink.

                 Today I wore my black spandex dance shorts and a hot pink sports bra. As it was still warm outside I just slid my feet into my flip flops and grabbed my dance bag. Flipping off the light and locking the front door. I began to make my way across the parking lot to my 2013 Camaro Convertible; mom and dad’s way of showing their love and affection since they were not around. I was about to my car when could hear cat calls and whistles coming from the right of me. I looked around and could see a group of 3 guys walking towards me quickly.

 “Boys, we have a scorcher over hear.”  The one in the middle stated.

  I started to panic, my hands began shaking as I searched for my keys in my duffel cursing myself at how stupid I was to not have them or my phone in my hands before heading to the car. I could feel their eyes scan my body making my stomach roll. I could hear the other 2 guys agree with the ring leader as I now dubbed him in my mind. Knowing I had to do something or be at their mercy I took a deep breath and turned to them.

 “F*ck Off” I stated still trying to find my keys or the pepper spray I kept in my bag.

                 Ring leader laughed and looked at me “Oh honey”, he said shaking his head and waking quicker now towards me “the only place I am going to f*ck off is in you”. This caused his buddies to laugh at him and a shiver went down my spine.

                 Just as my fingers closed around my keys, ring leader grabbed my arm and shoved me against my car causing my head to snap back into the roof. Instantly my mind started to cloud and my eyes began to close, even though I was beginning to lose consciousness I could feel him press himself against me and I whimpered as and tried to fight back as I felt him grow against my bare stomach.

                 As hard as I fought though I could not make my arms or legs move and my body became extremely lethargic. In the haze I could hear the man saying something along the lines of how it was ok if I slept as it didn’t matter to him if I was awake or not he would be in me tonight. At that I tried but could not help it when a tear fell from my eyes. As I began to black out I prayed to god that I was still untouched when I came around. Even though I knew that possibility was as farfetched as someone coming by to rescue me.