Chapter 2

His face tenses up and I can see his veins protruding from his muscular arms. He clenches my hands tightly. I gaze into his green orbs and my mouth begins to tremble. My eyes water up. I don't want to remember. I don't want to go back.

"Come on Evelyn, you can tell me. I'll talk with him." his voice now hushed and emphasized on the talk again. "H-h-he said that," I almost whisper, "he'll follow me home if I didn't do what he asked." I answered a bit more confidently. Harry wants to ask me what things exactly but he knows I'm not prepared to answer those questions now. He hauls me towards his body and I bury my face far down in Harry's tight chest.

I can hear his wheezy breathe brushing up on top of my hair slightly. His heart pounds heavily and he lets go of my hands. His soft hands brush up and down my back. He makes me feel safe in his arms, I know I am. I swiftly begin to fall asleep in Harry's warm presence. He airily hums to me making me murmur in delight. His muscular arms swoop me up and carry me up to the bedroom. He carefully places me on the bed and tucks in my now lukewarm and dry body under the sheets.

He kicks off his shoes and slides under the covers with me, jolting on his side before turning towards me. Harry wraps his big snug hands around mine, giving them a pleasant squeeze. "If you need me or anything, just let me know. I'm not going anywhere. Goodnight darling" I hear Harry whisper as I close my eyes sleepily and fall asleep.

= Harry's P.O.V. =

'Evelyn is so adorable; her silky blonde hair, her gorgeous hazel eyes.' I think to myself as I lie there staring at perfection. My hands are still locked with those of hers, my thumb skimming over the top of her smooth skin. I just can't help but ponder about 'him' from work. What could he of done this time? What DID he do? My mind races back to the time when Evelyn first told me about him.

She came home all and everything seemed fine. She went by her usual routine. I made dinner and we both sat down at the table. I was asking her about her day and when she answered 'fine' I knew it wasn't. All the pain she tried to hide, it showed in her mascara lines.

I was so annoyed and frustrated. How could he do this to her? Oh I was gonna punch the shit out of this dirt bag. Evelyn saw my frustration and anger; she was on her knees begging please that I just that talk to him. Just talk. Not threaten. Just discuss.

My bitter thoughts abruptly ended when a buzz was emitted from Evelyn's phone on the bedside table. My hands faintly elapsed from those of Evelyn's as I stretched out my arm and got a grasp of her phone. A part if me tells me not to look, it's her phone, and that she always tells me everything. But another part of me tells me to look, it won't cause any harm.

I slide open the iPhone and punch in the password. My fingers press the numbers 1-5-0-7 and the phone unlocks. I tap on the messages icon and I read the message. My blood boils and my heart pumps faster and faster every time I re-read it. These 5 words. How dare he say something like that to her, he's almost threatening her. I clench the phone in my fist locking it. I'll deal with him later.

I can hear Evelyn murmur in her sleep so I rapidly put the phone down. I calmly lie back down in bed again and haul her sweet body towards me. Her head is on my chest and I place my big cosy hands on her hips. I cuddle with Evelyn and hold her so close to my fiery body. I want her to know that I will always be here for her and that I will always stand up for her and love her unconditionally.

Above all, I want her to be safe. With the thought of Evelyn being hurt by this son if a bitch fresh in my mind, I comb through her silky hair tamely with my fingertips.