Chapter 17

The painkillers start to kick in and my stomach starts to feel better. I flick on the TV and throw the remote on the counter making it glide across landing next to the box of tissues. I open the fridge and scavenge for food. It's the end of week and there's no food. URGH. Now was definitely not the time to run out of food.

Stumbling across two pieces of left over pizza, I take it out and place the plate in the microwave. I set the timer to 1 minute and press the start button. I focus on the TV, tuning into the daily news. Evil thoughts aside. My eyes start to fuzz up after a while, my brain begging for rest. The sharp noise of the microwave suddenly wakes me up as I regain my thoughts.

I take the plate out and begin munching loudly on the delicious pizza. An overload of cheese and a side of bacon has never tasted better. Practically falling asleep in the middle of my kitchen, my brain numbs and my mouth keeps devouring the food.

Family

Gone

Devastated

Help

My ear picks up those four words. It's like a light bulb turned on in my head, something clicked right there and then. Staring wide eyed at the tv, I drop the pizza on my plate making the cheese string down from my teeth. My brain processes the words slowly. My eyes narrow as a devilish grin creeps onto my face. The news reporter continues to babble. The evil thoughts run thorough my mind, thinking of scenarios for a devious and cunning plan.\

= Evelyn's P.O.V. =

Harry reverses and parks his car in an allocated spot. Turning off the engine, he takes out the keys and his green eyes look at me kindly. We both step out of the car and shut the door. He presses his keys and the car beeps signalling it's closed. I come closer to Harry and he wraps his hand around my torso and gently kisses my forehead.

Walking through the car park, we enter the shopping mall. A sudden burst of cold air swarms my face as I step into the air conditioned facility. The thrill of shopping sends excitement through my body. My eyes skim around the level, looking what shops are around. Where did Harry take me? I've never shopped here before! This is all too exciting!!!

I squeal excitedly as Harry chuckles and leads me to the first shop. The abundance of colours and variety is amazing. I let go of Harry's hand and explore. There's so many great dresses, can't wait to see what he picks out for me. He has good sense of style; I can always rely on him.

My fingertips skim over the materials, feeling the texture under my touch. I can hear Harry lightly chuckle as he sees me star struck practically dancing around the store. My jaw slightly drops as I see the price tag on the dresses. "Umm Harry?" I signal him to come over to me. His soft curls bounce up and down as he makes his way through.

"What is it Evelyn?" He asks, green eyes glistening and dimples protruding. I bite my lip anxiously as I show him the price of the dress. Laughing softly, he eases the tension and explains, "This is my treat babe. Don't worry about that." I smile relaxingly and wrap my arms around his torso, giving him a nice tight squeeze.

"I found a couple of dresses that will look good on you, come here I'll show you." Harry tugs my arms off his body and walks me down to the middle of the shop. He points to three dresses that caught his eye. One is a light green one that's longer at the back and looks breezy, the second one is a blue dress that goes about half way up your thighs and has a white bow at the back and the last is a sparkling black strapless that's fairly long.

I nod giving a sign of approval, not that it matters because Harry's picking my whole outfit. His long arms extend and pull the dresses off the rail. Handing them to me, he tells me to go try them all on and see which one I like most. Then at the end he'll have the final say. I make my way for the change rooms as he stays behind and continues looking around.