Chapter Five

I pushed myself off the ground and spun around swinging my swords at him one by one, he continued to deflect each and every hit. We went into a situation where his axe was close to hitting my chest, but my sword is trying to push it away, "Why are you doing this?!" Gareth throws his axe away and begins yelling, he equips a rifle from his inventory, and Sullivan seems surprised.

"Whoa, Zuko has just drawn his other Lucifer weapon! The Devil's Bullet!" Gareth takes aim and begins shooting, then time slowed down, I could see the bullet's path, I raised my swords and swung them around deflecting every single bullet. Gareth's jaw dropped, he couldn't believe it. He dropped his rifle and he grabbed the mic off of Sullivan.

"Ok, I surrender." The crowd begins booing him as he walks towards me. Sullivan then announces me as the champion. "Kato, you want to talk? Meet me at the Howl's Café in about an hour. Catchya there." He then walked off into the dressing rooms. I walked out of the arena to see Sakura she seemed as happy as ever. I approached her to tell her the good news but she interrupted me and hugged me tightly.

"I was so scared. I thought that he might've actually killed you. Thank you." I smiled. Then grabbed her hand.

"We gotta go to Howl's Café, he wants to meet us there." She nods and we run off. We get there and Gareth is sitting in a corner table looking down at the table playing with the coaster. "Gareth? It's me Kato." I sit down in front of him. "We need your help. You see, the next dungeon is only beatable with Lucifer of Haven weapons, which you and I have, so I need you to help me take it down, because the dungeon boss, Kakara, is holding this girl hostage, which is a friend of Sakuras. You remember Sakura right?" He nodded then banged his fist against the table.

"I can never forgive you though." I swallowed all my saliva.

"Why?"

He growled. "Once you declared we wouldn't be teamed I ran off, ran off with a party of three others, in my anger I killed them, all three of them, because each of them were like you, worried, scared, fear filled, thinking that if we die, we actually die. It's stupid!" he stands up. "It's ridiculous! How could anyone be so low to do that?" He threw his cup at a wall. "So I decided to join the tournament, kill a bunch of players to prove to the people that you would be fine. Then I knew you would come for me, so I waited, Kakara can be killed by any weapon. When you got that message Sakura, did it mention that Kakara can't be defeated or did it say 'he' can't be defeated?" Sakura checked and it said he. I stared at Gareth.

"Gareth why?"

"Don't fear, Emerald is fine. And most people are going through to level 8. I'll give you Emerald if you do this for me Kato. See everyone in this café." He lowered his voice. "Kill them all. Prove yourself. Save Emerald. Cause if you don't, I'll kill her and Sakura." Sakura yelled at him.

"You fucking pig!"

"Everyone in here but us are NPCs." Sakura stared at me.

"Really?"

I nodded and then attempted throwing a knife at one but it just deflected and a message came up. >Cannot Harm Invincible Object< "See?"

"Hmph, how'd you know Kato? How'd you know they were all NPCs?" I stood up and slammed the table.

"Cause I know there's still good in you! You wouldn't let innocents be murdered! You don't have the balls!"

And then out of nowhere Gareth said it. "I killed Harrison and Ben." The two people from spawn, the ones without mouth-pieces. "They finally made contact with the outside world and got Harrison's mouth piece installed. But it was useless, so I just sent them back to the real world, logged them out. You see Kato, I'm part of a guild that is born for killing, you might have heard of Death Bite? Yeah well that's my guild buddy, made it myself!" He began laughing manically. I stood up and held Sakura's hand, we both left the building as Gareth continued to evilly laugh.

"I can't go near him anymore."