Chapter 1

12 years later...

I grabbed my what I needed for calculus before heading down the hall that was populated with teens of different heights, weights, and personalities. Moving around people was a challenge because they either kept standing in your way or are trying to ram through you to get ahead.

"Move! Your in my way!!" Paige said with a harsh tone as she rammed her shoulder in me to push me out of the way. Paige was the most popular girl at Linden High. She is president of every club and in charge of every event and although she is well liked, she has a nasty habit of being unnecessarily rude to those she doesn't like for no apparent reason like me. I believe it began when my dad and I moved here to Linden when I was 5 and since the population is 700 I stood no chance of making friends because everybody has known each other since birth.

"Belle I have been calling your name for 5 minutes now. Are you even there?" Ella said annoyed that I was daydreaming again.

"Sorry" I chuckled

"Seriously Belle you spend more time off of earth than on it" moving her blonde hair out of her face while pretending to scold me. She has always been kind of the mother of our trio since we were kids. I had been trying to do the monkey bars when Rick Johnson pushed me off before I even got a grip on the first handle for being, and I quote 'to slow' which resulted in skinned knees and fat tears. Ella was the first to run to me. She opened her little medical kit and told me she was a doctor before cleaning my wound and giving me a band aid, we have been inseparable since. We took our seats in calculus when Luna walked in.

"I am done...I never want to see another project, assignment, student, and teacher ever again. You know I never understood the hype of senior year because all I seem to have gotten out of it is a few gray hairs and some wrinkles." she said ranting as she threw herself into her seat then getting her book out.

"Don't you think you're being a little over dramatic" I said giving her a look.

"No. If I'm going to beat Paige at being the valedictorian then I'm not." she said before turning to the front of the class. she was always tightly wound which had to do with her crazy adoptive parents who were obsessed with getting Luna into Harvard because they were graduates themselves. Luna had moved here around the same time I did and we bonded over the fact that we were new in school.

"Hey frost bitch" Rick said as her sneered at Luna

"Rick" she replied with disdain. Freshman year Rick had a crush on Luna and kept calling her snow white. Every time he asked her out She turned him down but he wouldn't take no as an answer until finally he got a little handsy and tried to force himself on her only to get his ass handed to him. This led her to becoming the 'frost bitch' of Linden high because she turned down every guy in the school after him.

"Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?!" Luna said glaring at him

"No, but I'd kiss yours" Rick said with a smug look. The class had now tuned in to see what was going on.

"Look just go take your seat before Mr. Lee comes in" I said exasperated and irritated by how much he enjoyed tormenting us.

"And why don't you go find a whole and bury yourself in it" he pauses as if he's in thought

"I know!! How about the one your father's in I'm pretty sure there's room for 2" he says smiling maliciously. The class gasps holding their breaths to see what happens next and all I can see is flashes of my father's last words, the image of his body after the men left, his lifeless eyes. One minute I'm sitting on my desk next I'm punching Rick over and over again. I can hear Ella's screams to stop and feel Luna trying to pull me off of him but I can't seem to snap out of it. I couldn't control my body.

"BELLE BEAUMONT" Mr. Lee shouted jolting back to reality. I looked down to see Rick's bloody face and then looked up to see the shock on everyone's face. I realized my fist was still clench and let it drop suddenly feeling very weak.

"To the principal's office...NOW!!! He said angrily. I quietly got off rick before making my way out of class only to be stopped by Luna and Ella with concerned looks on their faces. Mr. Lee had begun to tell the class to sit down.

"What happened to you it was like you were possessed or something " Ella said with worry in her voice

"Are you okay" Luna asked tucking her black hair behind her ear. I look down at my bloody hands before answering shakily.

"I don't know"