Chapter 4

Mr. Hunt took the liquid filled beaker and poured it on a dead frog. I saw the frog start to move his legs and I saw him start to breath. "It's alive!" King Walter quoted. I just laughed.

"Woah there Dr. Frankenstein!" I joked. I heard the group snicker in the back round. I then saw the frog stop breathing and moving. "It's only temporary", Mr. Hunt explained to us."Making it permanent would mean sticking Albert Einstein's and Thomas Edison's brain together permanently". I guess you had to be incredibly smart to do that. I then heard a boom and saw Eva and Derrick's face covered with tiny black smudges. I looked and saw there chemical beaker had turned a glowing gooey pink. "So you guys made Radioactive bubblegum?" Cordelia blurted out. Everyone laughed so hard that our ribs began to hurt. I laughed so hard that I was crying. When we finally couldn't laugh anymore, we heard the bell ring for home time.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I was walking home from Eva's place at about seven o' clock. It was getting drastically dark every step I took until the sun was almost completely out of sight. I was walking through the alleyway listening to some music when I heard a noise. I plucked my ear buds out and scanned the area for any enemy's. I put my earbuds back in until I heard some footsteps. This time I kept the earbuds out and walked more cautiously. Something bad was going to happen, I could feel it in my bones. I twirled around and saw a guy in a black mask and black clothes. I didn't see any weapons..................yet. I did the only thing that came to mind. Run. I could feel the pebbles getting into my show. I hate running! I looked behind me and saw the person running was definitely an athlete of some sort. I then fell to the ground. I knew the guy pounced on top of me and well, I was on the ground. He was on top of me looking straight into my eyes. The criminal grabbed out a knife and put it to my neck. He then put his mouth to my ear, "if I can't have you, then no one can!" He growled and he was ready to strike. I really didn't want to die.

"Why are you doing this?" Tears starting to well up in my eyes. He just grunted, "because I need too!" No, because you want to! You dumb moron! But I only thought that. He aimed the blade at my neck, waiting for myself to die. I closed my eyes thinking of the golden gate and finally seeing the person who granted my wishes. I then heard the guy groan in pain and fall off of me. I looked up and saw Zachary with his Anime coloured hair. I got up but staggered a bit. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Eva called me to walk with you. Besides, I know Anime fighting", he answered going in a fighting pose. That was true. "And I'm glad I did too!" He added. So true. I saw the criminal get up and go into a fighting pose as well. Zachary just kicked him in the nuts and we ran. I could hear him groaning in pain. "Why couldn't you do anything else?" I looked at him while running.

"It would buy us some time!" He said. Fine fine! I then saw my house in the distance and nodded at him. He nodded back and we made our separate ways.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It was the next school morning. I woke up to the sound of my alarm and immediately knew it was 7 a.m. I jumped out of bed and got dressed. I put on my ponytail and rushed to my mom. "Mom! Why didn't you tell me I look like this?" I pretty much yelled at her. She just sipped her coffee calmly.

"I was more surprised than you were", she said calmly.

"Thanks mom!" I said sarcastically. She just grunted and I just put some bread in the toaster. I grabbed my phone and looked on our own groups blog. We all had our own account. I looked and saw Zachary had posted 'Maxine got attacked last night by some guy!' I just sighed and saw some comments. I saw King Walter had commented 'when I find him, i'm going to make him wish he was never born!" King Walter was a protective brother to me. I then heard a yawn and saw my brother. He was eight and annoying! "What are you doing here?" He said rudely.

"Well i'm sorry that I get hungry", I said quietly, but loud enough for him to here. He faked laughed and grabbed a apple. I just rolled my eyes and the toast burst out of the toaster. I kissed my mom on the cheek and was about to go out when, "Why are going now?" Came out of my mom's mouth. I just smiled at her. "I'm going early to talk with my eager friends AND i'm walking in this good weather while its still nice!" I told her. She nodded her head and I was out. I opened the garage and grabbed my rollerskates. I slipped them on and started rolling down the side walk. I was a little rusty but got the hang of it. I could feel my back pack making me wobble a bit. I saw the bus kids and gave them a salute before passing them. I roller skated into my school neighbourhood. When I got to my school I passed some of the people I know. When I got to the doors, I took the rollerskates off and opened the doors. The doors to the questions.