Love & Basketball

"So why are we playing basketball?" Scott asked Stiles.

"Because every now and then I'd like to play a sport that I know I can beat your little wolf ass in," Stiles dribbled the basketball up and down the court. The ball released perfectly off Stiles' hand, his wrist aligned with the hoop, making the basket from the three-point line. "First one to make 21 points wins."

"Can't we play horse? Or around the world?" Scott asked. "You know, to make it an even game for me?"

"Do you ever give me a fair game on the lacrosse field?"

"Good point."

Stiles shot the ball again. "But I'm your best friend, and I love you, so we'll play Horse,"

Scott immediately felt relived at the sound of Stiles' words, "Oh, thank God!"

It's been 15 minutes already, and Stiles was winning. Scott had one letter left and Stiles was going to take advantage of it. Stiles dribbled the ball in his right hand, and crossed it over between his legs, "Scotty boy, I hate to do this to you, but watch this. I'm going to shoot it with one hand, over my head at the free throw line."

Stiles did as he said. As soon as the ball left his hand, Stiles knew he threw it with more force than he should have. He saw the ball slowly go over the backboard and headed towards a girl's walking down the sidewalk at the park. She was looking down at her phone. She heard someone yell 'heads up' and immediately stopped in her tracks and looked up. Before she can comprehend what was going on, the ball hit her on the top of her head, immediately making her stumble a few steps backwards.

"Oh my God!" Stiles ran up to the girl. "Are you okay?"

She rubbed the bump that was already forming on the top of her head, "Yeah," she groaned slightly. "I think so."

"I-I-I don't know what to do. Should I, uh, get you a bag of ice or something?" Stiles scratched the back of his neck. "Oh! I know CPR!"

"I don't think CPR will heal the swelling"

"Well you know, they do say a kiss on the booboo makes it all better," Stiles grinned.

"Are you seriously trying to hit on me right now?" She giggled.

"Is it working?"

"A little," She smiled at the blushing boy.

"All joking aside I really do feel terrible. I'm sorry," he said sincerely. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine, really. I'll live." She smiled.

"How about I make it up to you by taking you out for some ice cream?" Stiles shifted his weight from one foot to the other, with his hands in his pockets.

"Still hitting on me, uh?" She grinned. "I'd love to, but I'd like to know your name first."

"Oh! I'm sorry," he laughed. Stiles offered his hand, "I'm Stiles."

She smiled, took his hand, and shook it, "I'm Y/N"

A Year Later

"I know this is our one-year anniversary, and I should probably take you somewhere fancy, but I decided to take you to the place where I fell in love with you instead," Stiles said as he turned off the jeep.

Y/N noticed that the jeep came to a stop and was no longer on. "Can I take off my blindfold off now?"

"Not yet." Stiles closed the driver door as soon as he got out of his seat. He walked on over to the passenger side, opened the door for Y/N and grabbed her hand as she got out of the jeep. "Okay, just follow me," he placed his hands on her hips as he walked backwards in front of her towards the restaurant. He looked back and saw they were parallel with the front doors. He walked behind her and placed his hands on the knot of the blindfold. "Okay, are you ready babe?"

"Yes."

He removed the blindfold and quickly stood in front of her to see her reaction. His eyebrows pulled forward with her reaction. "Why are you eyes still closed?"

"I'm scared."

"Why?"

"Because I know you tell me you love me every day, which is one of the many reasons why I love you, but Stiles," she paused with her eyes still shut, "you've never told me the moment you fell in love with me and the second I open my eyes, I'll see where you fell in love with me... That scares me a little bit. " She trailed.

"I'll tell you the story once you open your eyes," Stiles said.

She took a deep breath and then opened her eyes to see Barry's Ice Cream Parlor. "Stiles...." She smiled. "This wasn't even our first date."

"I'd like to think it was," Stiles smiled back at her, locking his chocolate brown eyes with hers. "Come on, let's go get you a double scoop of Rocky Road." He grabbed her hand and led her inside.

Within the hour, Stiles explained the moment he fell in love with her at this place, a place they hadn't been since they first met. He remembered what she was wearing, how she styled her hair, how beautiful she looked every time she looked back at him, the sparkle in her eyes. He also explained how nervous he was as his heart keep pounding out of his chest, his palms getting clammy, and his leg constantly shaking up and down under the table, because he couldn't believe the funny, kind, and beautiful girl in front of him was out on a date with a silly guy like him.

"I have a gift for you," Stiles pushed his empty ice cream cup to the side.

"Stiles, you didn't have to get me a gift. This is, the ice cream parlor and you telling me the moment you fell in love with me, is more than enough." She placed her hand on top of his.

"But I couldn't help myself. I saw this and I knew I had to give it you."

Y/N would never admit it but she loved presents. Whether it was for her birthday or a holiday, seeing a present for her always made her excited, and Stiles knew it.

She grinned, "Well if you insist."

Stiles handed her a small gift. She unwrapped it to see a small black box. She opened the box and saw a silver basketball pendent necklace. She couldn't help but laugh.

"Do you like it?" Stiles asked.

"No, I love it. Thank you, babe!" She kissed Stiles on the cheek. "Will you put it on for me?"

Stiles grabbed the box as Y/N pulled her hair up. Stiles latched the hooks on. "Hitting you with the basketball was the best thing that's ever happened to me."

Y/N laughed again. "Thank goodness, it hasn't happened again since then." She leaned in to kiss Stiles. "You know what would end the night perfectly?" She whispered in front of his lips. Stiles shook his head. "A game of horse," she smiled.

As Stiles parked his Jeep at the park, Y/N grabbed the basketball from the backseat. Stiles held her hand till they reached the court. Y/N dribbled the ball to the free throw line, turned around to face Stiles with her back facing the backboard, and shot the ball without looking back. The ball went around the rim in circles before it went in the hoop.

"Babe, I could do that in my sleep" Stiles smiled.

"Okay then," she got the ball from Stiles. "How about this?" She moved further back on the opposite side, past the three-pointer line and took a quick look at the hoop. Then she faced forward with her back towards the backboard again. She grabbed the ball steady and took a shot backwards. She grinned as she heard the swoosh sound when the ball went into the net.

"That's not far!" Stiles said as she walked up to him.

"Babe," she wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed him. "All is fair in love and basketball."