2

i sat on my silky pink couch writing invitations to my birthday party in neat cursive. eating a bite of a chewy chocolate chip cookie, i smiled and tied a ribbon around the envelope i put the card in. my family was doing who knows what, all i know is that i'm home alone. 

my family either doesn't remember it's my birthday or doesn't care. probably both. they stopped celebrating when i was 6, my brother 8. after that they didn't even wish us a happy birthday. it never was happy. i was so sad, my eyes would be puffy for a few days. 

anyway, i'm not going to let that ruin my birthday this year. i was turning 17. i only invited max, julia, and julia's friend lana. she was about 5 years older than us, but that wasn't going to stop me. 

i bought balloons, a few stuffed animals since i get some every time i go to the store because they're the best friends in the world, and a cake. it was double stacked with white and different shades of pink. 

i set everything up and smiled. as i smoothed my long pink dress that reached below my knees, i sat down and waited for everyone to get here. 

the clocked ticked for an hour. i started to get really impatient. another 2 hours passed when i realize no one is coming. tears stain my cheeks and i close my eyes and shake my head. no one is coming. no one cares. that's when i start to get mad. not just mad. but furious. i run upstairs to get sharp scissors. i smile, well smirk, and run back down. i set it on the coffee table- just in case. my small hands grab the balloons and i make a dog out of one. i hold it out to my stuffed animals, but they don't react. i once again shake my head in a panicked state. 

i grab the nearest thing close to me, in this case, a flower pot. i throw it against the white wall and i scream while gritting my teeth. i grab the sharp scissors and a teddy bear. i cut his head off and rip out the stuffing, putting it in my mouth. the scissors swing with the help of my arm to pop the balloons.