Scene 1

anis sits up on the couch, he looks and then for a ringing phone.
Tanis: you have reached a very tired person, how may I help you on this wonderful saturday morning?
Vinnie: (over phone) good morning Tanis, remember how we were supposed to meet up at the park today?
Tanis: yes vin, you know I don't forget things, ever.
Vinnie: that's good, for a moment I thought you had accidentally missed it.
Tanis: what we missed it! You've got to be kidding.
Vinnie: nope they packed up 20 minutes ago, why did I let you hang onto the tickets again?
Tanis: because I don't lose things, often. (gets up and throws on coat.) where are they now?
Vinnie: gone, the bus left town already, so we aren't going this year after all. (comes inside and stops in front of Tanis.) one thing Tanis one thing. I ask that you be on time to one thing and you can't do that.
Tanis: calm down man, we can try again next year right? We'll be ready then.
Vinnie: we were ready now, if you would have had any responsibility whatsoever.
Tanis: sorry man, really I am. (both sit for a moment, then Tanis gets up.) well moping in here all day isn't gonna do us any good, let's go for a walk or something. (goes outside, followed by Vinnie.)
Vinnie: (grumbles) shouldn't have let you hang on to the tickets.
Tanis: vin we've talked about this, I can't understand you when you gargle rocks.
Vinnie: haha, very funny wise guy, hey why are we here?
Tanis: that's the question isn't it? Why are we here? Are we the products of billions of years of accidents and happenstance, or do we have some kind of purpose? I wish I had an answer for you man, but some things even I don't know.
Vinnie: Tanis, do me a favor and shut up, I meant why are we here? At the woods?
Tanis: oh, that's much simpler, well I started walking this way and you followed me.
Vinnie: Tanis, your doing it again.
Tanis: am I really? What exactly am I doing?
Vinnie: I'm done with this conversation.
Tanis: if your done then why do you continue to answer me? ( Vinnie remains quiet and both continue to walk, victim runs into Tanis, leaving him holding envelope. Victim runs away and thugs 1 and 2 chase after him.)
Vinnie: hey man you all-right? Some people are so rude.
Tanis: ya I'm fine (looks at envelope and puts it in pocket.) hey man let's go get something to eat, I'm hungry.