Scene 3

Tanis is eating eggs, Vinnie is watching him.
Tanis: ok now I'm concerned, normally I'm the one that never eats.
Vinnie: I don't want to eat, I'm still kinda ticked off.
Tanis: this again? I told you it's not healthy to hang on to grudges like this.
Vinnie: no Tanis I'm not just gonna be over this that easily, you messed up this time.
Tanis: ok, I'm sorry, what do you want me to do bake you a cake?
Vinnie: we both know that the cake is a lie.
Tanis: ok fine, I'll figure something out. (finishes eggs and both leave house. They start walking, gun shot rings out.)
Vinnie: was that a gun?
Tanis: your paranoid man.
(thug 1 and 2 walk by them, thug 1 slips and is caught by Tanis, his coat opens revealing gun.)
Thug 1: hey thanks buddy. (Vin freaks out when he sees thug 1's gun.) what's his problem?
Clem: oh Vinnie, he just has issues with larger fellows (looks a gun.) and apparently firearms. (looks at Vinnie, a look of realization on his face.) well nice talking with you. (Vinnie and Clem start to hurry away thug 1 notices envelope, he nods at thug 2 and they start to follow them.)
Tanis: (whispers loudly.) I think they may be following us.
Vinnie: (whispering loudly.) well why did you mention the gun!
Tanis: I didn't think they'd care! Uh oh here they come.
Vinnie: what are we going to do? they're gonna catch us and kill us, if they kill me Tanis I'm gonna kill you!
Tanis: vin theres a lot of things wrong with what you just said!
Vinnie: oh they're almost here what are we gonna do!? (thug 1 grabs Tanis's shoulder.)
Vinnie: I'm too young to die!
Tanis: I'm too pretty to die! (Tanis kicks thug 1 and Vinnie takes off)
Vinnie: goodbye Tanis! I'll tell them about your sacrifice! (Tanis runs past Vinnie, thug 2 helps thug 1 up.)
Tanis and Vinnie run to the house, they lock the door and hide. Thug 1 and 2 show up and knock.
Thug 1: give it up kid, all we want is the envelope!
Vinnie: (loud whispers.) Tanis what envelope?!
Tanis: don't say my name! Use code names! I don't know what envelope!
Thug 1: you have 5 minutes and then were coming in.
Vinnie: Clem or um, red 5, what are we going to do!?
Tanis: I'm think vin... Red 3 I'm thinking!
Vinnie: why am I Biggs!? Biggs dies! I don't want to die!
Tanis: then punch out! Wait I have an idea! (runs off camera, after a moment a printer sounds, and Tanis comes back with an envelope. He steps in front of the door and takes a deep breath, everything slows and camera changes to black and white. Tanis's voice plays.
Tanis: first open door, extend hand. Follow with kick then hit him in the stomach. Disarm opponent, box ears, left foot right stomp. Right foot left stomp. (cha cha ra starts playing and then everything returns to normal, with Tanis opening the door.)
Tanis: here you go sir, I just had to find where I put it, hehe, um bye now! (slams door and hides again, looks out window, thug 1 and 2 walk off.)
Vinnie: what just happened! Why did they follow us home? Did you see the gun? Didn't I say it was a gunshot? Tanis, what are you holding? (Tanis has gotten the envelope out of his pocket and is open it.)
That's what they wanted? And you're opening it? Are you out of your mind!
Tanis: no, no I think I'm the only sane one here. What in the world? (Tanis drops the envelope and looks at photos, he unfolds a letter and starts reading.) um... Vinnie? I think we should probably go to the police.
(shows a picture of echo holding a gun to someone's head.)