Just a word

England's POV:

She stepped aside, my eyes followed her. She sat on the docking creat.

I sighed. "America, how'd you find her?"

America's glance shot away from her and towards me. " I didn't. It was was an accident, I was looking for seals." His tone so serious.

"Oh yeah, and I almost killed her." He said casually.

"America!" I scolded, but I knew that serious tone wouldn't last.

"What? I said almost, besides I made up for it." He shrugged.

"How?" I protested.

"By buying her a dress. She was hot so bought it for her." He crossed his arms.

"What about France? Do you think he'll find her?" I looked back at Antarctica.

"So what if he does? Alice is a friendly person and if we have to keep her away, then I as the hero will be her protector."

"Alice? You named her?!" I grabbed him by his collar.

"What are you taking about that's her name!" He pulled away.

America's POV:

I felt a small hand rest on my arm. I looked down and saw Alice.

"I-is every thing o-okay?" She said softly.

"Y-yeah." I tried not to blush.

I cleared my throat. "Why don't you go sit on the bench near the docks." I smiled.

"O-okay..." She blushed. Her hand slid off my arm as she walked away.

"America..." England spoke softly.

"Don't say it. Why did you even come here anyway?"

"I-I just wanted to see if it was true. If Antarctica was real. I would have never thought she'd be a female." I could feel his gaze upon me.

"Heh. So... Man to man, how do you feel about her?" He chuckled.

"W-what!? We're just friends nothing more." I walked away, although I couldn't shake the fact that he may be right.

"We'll then I guess I'll be on my way." His voice was faint, I could hear his foot steps move further away.

I stopped and stared at her for a moment, she sat there watching the waves. Her honey brown hair dancing in the breeze.

"What am I thinking she just got here, and I barely know her! Come on America snap out of it!" I shook my head and walked towards her.

"Hey Alice." I greeted, taking my place next to her.

"Hello, how was your talk with your friend?" She smiled.

"Uh. It was alright I guess, though the friends part I'm not so sure about. "I shrugged.

"Then who is he?"

"My big brother... Things aren't going so well right now."

"Brother, huh. I don't see the resemblance." She laughed warm heartedly, I could tell she wanted to change to subject.

"Heh. I could say the same thing. Do you have any brothers or sisters." I glanced at her, but her eyes still glued to the ocean.

"Do penguins count?" She questioned.

"Haha, if you want them too." I laughed.

"Then yes, I have tons." She looked at me and smiled.

I smiled with her and leaned back on the bench, enjoying the company.

"You know it's weird" she leaned closer to me."for some reason I feel like I know him... Your brother." She looked into my eyes.

"R-really? How?" I chuckled.

"I don't know, it's weird." She returned her gaze back to the ocean.

"Any friends?" I asked.

"What was that?" She replied snapping out of thought.

"Friends, like besides me."

"Oh, well let me think... Oh yes! I do. His name is Ivan. Ivan Braginski. He says he's Russia but I don't know, I think he's silly" she giggled with a light blush on her face.

"Huh!? Russia!" I panicked.

"Y-yeah. Are you alright." She tried to calm me down.

"Ugh...yeah. Yeah. S-so any other countries you want to tell me about?" I nervously tried to laugh.

"No... Just you and Mr. Braginski." She looked at me a bit scared.

"I'm sorry Alice." I took her hand and assured her I was okay.

"Hey, do you want something to eat?" I asked.

"Yeah... Food sounds nice." She looked at me.

"Come on" I laughed.

"We got to go to the farmers market, do you know what that is?" I said holding her hand as we walked to the market.

"I don't think so..." She laughed. "What is it?" She caught up to me so that she was no longer behind.

"It's a place where you buy stuff, for example like food." I honestly felt smart.

"Oh, I get it." She giggled.

We walked for a while. The whole time we held hands, but she wouldn't understand. She's been alone for all her life, she probably doesn't even know what a relationship is. But you can hold hands as friends right? Wait! No you can't! I jolted causing our hands to let go.

"What's wrong?" She questioned.

"N-nothing..." I blushed, I crossed my arms and looked the other way to hide it.

I could tell she looked at me with confusion.

England's POV:

"Mr. Kirkland what will you tell the king?"

"What we know." I said stirring the boat.

"And what if the information spreads to France?"

"Don't mention that drunk cheese on my boat!" I yelled strangling him.

"It's a possibility" he gasped for air.