Adam

Mitch stood in the centre of crowd of shivering, skinny and terrified men as they waited for the snobby women to appear from her mechanical vessel, and at that moment she walked out her pail face coated with weird chalking that they called makeup, Mitch knew most of the things from the capital as he valentered to be a mechanic there at the age of fourteen for money and over heard many conversations. Her dress a pretty hot pink and sparkled in the sun's dull light.

"Welcome, welcome and happy hunger games!" The women chirped happily as if she was attending a ... party, he thought it was sick, she was sick, the capital was SICk it was all SICK to him and problebly overs. Two bowls stood by her side, the names, this was the reaping for the unlucky girl and boy that would go to the capital and then the death ring, the hunger games.

"Now, let's start with the girls" she said giggling quietly, oh shes loving this. She put her hand in the bowl and dugg around for a few seconds and when she pulled it out every girl and boy tensed.

"River Melenie!" She announced a small cry of no came around from the girls area. River was a lovely girl with her crimsom hair and green eyes she was a gift to us, I looked over to see her hugging her family and her best friend, Danny Bucks, crying more than River's family. She departed from them and clambered up the stage her face filled with hope and strange happiness. That was the good thing about her, she all ways kept her head high even in the last games where her 13 yr old brother,mark, was killed she just smiled proudly and pressed to fingers against her mouth humming am fimmilure melody, the mocking jay.

"Right, now for the boy's " she said clearng her throat and rummeged around the bowl pulling out a piece of paper, still teansed silence.

"Alex Ateci!" She announced onece more, Mitch gasped and turned to his best friend, Jerome, his head was facing away that was his 12 yr old brother heading to a death sentence. Mitch ran forward grabbing Alex and guards came running towards him.

"NO,I VALENTEAR AS TRIBUTE!!!" Mitch yelled pushing Alexbehind him protecting him from this painful fait.

"Well, we have a valintear, come up them my dear" she said softly in a slight surprised and intriguing vioce, he nodded to Alex and he ran back next to Connor, his younger brother. Mitch walked up on the stage stand were that small, poor and defenceless little tike would be now.

"Now Now, what is your name, dear?" She asked questionably looking over to him, Mitch just stared disgustedly at Jerome, his face colourless and shocked tears in his oak eyes.

"Mitch, Mitch Hughes" he replied and then tuhrning to river as they shoock their hands her face proud and soft. The two grabbed each others hands and lifted them up.

"Happy 207th hunger games, and may the be ever in your favour! " she called as they walked of the stage into a ... Van he believed. The lady, Ava was her name, sat her down on a soft comfy chair thing called a couch and pointed to a black screen thing.

These are your over tributes that you'll be facing" Ava said kindly a slight more sterness in her vioce, on the screen he saw twetnty-two more tributes on the screen. Mitch friend and smiled as he saw a face he enjoyed but had dreaded to see on district three. Adam.

Adam, the two had met in the outlawed wood, eventhough Adam was from secen three and him twelth, he would go any lengths to gather food good his family aand those in need. He had found the slightly older man hiding from a couger under a log, Mitch only was amused and killed the wild feline with a slight smirk and the two talked, they split the couger's fur and meet and became great friends. They couldn't meet as often as they would like because of the guards had noticed Mitch's diserpearences and punished him horridly. Adam was more rich than himself, he was the son of the mayor and didn't want Adam coming to him and get treated that way cause they would only a slight hint of mercy.

Adam was a big part of Mitch's soul and life after that meeting, not only did he hunt for his secne he started running long miles to Adam's and leaving a present filled with rabbit,fish, berries and some cheese that his younger brother had made, the only one that knew of Mitch's little sky, true Adam wasn't little, he was well muscular body, chocolatety wavy hair and his eyes a beautiful viod of darkness with a bright spectrum in the centre, he would win the hunger games with great ease. But it was very slim for Adam to be called out, not impossible, but slim.