Shepherding Into Distress

~Shepherding Into Distress~

I felt soo Alone. Yes, I surely did. It was just like the black cloaked woods outside the old aged windows beside me and one of the window panes was cracked. Just like a crack on a glass, it was flawed and there being a mistake. An unfortunate development that I didn't recall or bother to recognize because I overlooked it and was wrapped up in my own life. It some sign of fate it was telling me that something bad was going to happen. That fate was going to change their tables on me. Create a different future that I didn't care or want to have but as you already know - Fate had other plans for me.

They don't listen to reason.

They are selfish that way but who was I to judge.

I was Selfish myself...

******************

The gray sidewalks deserted. The paved road was where there were no cars or convertibles. None passing by but not far off there was brackish water being illuminated by the bright globe of the moon. Resembling deadly treachery and long lost misery to come forth. It being a scenery taking place before the public and for anyone to witness but without words it silently describing how depressing life could be while you were living in the dirty slums. The ghetto, the poor side of town where you would be rummaging through garbage bins and collecting garbage as your way of survival and the next best food to salvage for the day.

It therefore displayed before anyone who crossed by to see this sad excuse of a hang out because the image was rotting just like the loaned bar within this dangerous neighborhood. The bark has swollen, there a creaky waterlogged sign stuck in the muddy ground and etched with a sickly green. It named the Good Time Bar.

Yet, the name was in the following to only be immune by tourist and from its charm (note the sarcasm), it didn't attract customers even with it's Chinese lanterns. The decorations hanging underneath the ceiling and under the roof to make the bar more appealing and fanciful. It also had cheap wallpaper plastered upfront of the Good Time Bar but the wall paper displaying: palm trees, shimmering turquoise waters of a beach, bikini and tanned girls that sunbathed as they drank beers. The brand being advertisement for the bar but now, at present it was a figment of a place where a jolly old time was what it once was and it now apart of the past where it all would ever be. The jolly old time simply being old, a past memory and the Good Time Bar being just like the dirty brackish water outside; it ancient, it elderly and worn out.

The Good Time Bar was also a place to overlook and keep walking.

As of right now, I am standing near one of the couches and focusing at the present, at my own moment but needless did I know my time was limitless to falling because I would loose my balance to what fate had planned for me.

"Sister, you have to get out of this gang your in. I mean, can't you tell with what you are doing with your life is not even sane,'' Rachel twirled the straw in her drink. "Can't you see it? Do you even care for yourself anymore,'' her voice sounding pleading and weary.

The smell of the salty wind from the air came through the shattered hole in one of the windows and the wind caressing her face, her nose, her deep black eyes but moving her brown hair aside from her shoulder. Yet, in the background there was suffocating smoke dwindling from cigarette buts and lit cigarettes. "I'm worried about you, I truly am,'' she sighed as she still stared at her sister, at Tess across from her.

There were two brute punk rock men leaning on the Pool table, they busy smoking there cares away while wearing leather motorcycle jackets and speaking to the other in a sober tone. The one spoken to had a Mohawk hairdo, the guy cackling despite the ugly lighting above but an intensifying expression on his features: having a slack and pale face. Then he looked the other direction, "Oh, give it a break Rachel. There is nothing for you to worry over your top dog of a sister over there. Don't you already realize she can take care of herself,'' Marcus chided.