Introduction

Andy McNally pov

As I waited for Staff Sargent Shaw to start the meeting I looked over at Sam who was to be my partner today.

"Right there has been many shots fired on the city hall which is where a concert is being hold. Our job is to make sure that the people who have paid for the tickets are let in. Your partners are assigned and are on the board."

Sam and I get into a squad car and Sam begins to drive. We both stay silent until he starts going on about the silly weather and I look out of my window to see its snowing. In Toronto I mean we hardly ever get any snow. We get there and I'm stood only with my uniform and my vest on shivering. I was meant to get my coat out of the car but I forgot. Suddenly I hear the click of a gun loading bullets and I realise who this person is the one and only Jack Greenise and my ex boyfriend.

"McNally! Get Down!" I hear Sam yell before I feel the bullet reach below the vest and enter my stomach.

The last thing I see is Sam running over to me and putting pressure on the wound.

Sam Swarek POV:

BANG!

The sound of the gun going off makes me even more nervous because I saw Andy go white. Andy! Oh my gosh. I run over to her and find her lying in a pool of her own blood.

"1506 shots fired. Officer down!" I yell putting pressure on Andy's wound.

I can't lose her not now not ever. Oliver comes to the scene with one of the other rookies who is Andy's friend, Peck.

"Sam stop you're just buying her time. We need a medic!" Oliver shouts over the radio.

Once an ambulance arrives on the scene, they load Andy into it and I was about to go in with her when Oliver pulled me back out.

"Sam you can't. We need your statement."

"Right now my main concern is McNally," I said and get in anyway despite Oliver's best efforts to stop me.