Chapter 38

When I landed, everybody was there. My parents, my brother and the girls. On the plane besides catching some sleep I had the time to think about the whole situation. When I got home I was going to delete my twitter account, I only created it to follow the boys in the first place. I was also going to block Luke's number. I just wanted to go back to my normal life and leave everything that happened in the past. I never wanted to see Luke again I can't believe that he could hurt me so bad. I was glad that the girls already knew so they wouldn't start asking question about things that I don't want to remember.

The girls stayed over tonight so they could celebrate my birthday with me tomorrow. As hard as I tried I really wasn't in the mood to act happy because even after what he did, I missed Luke. I mean the Luke with whom I had all those happy and kind memories. Even if they weren't real. But hey if anything could cheer me up it was a sleep over with the girls. Or at least that is what I'm hoping for.

When I arrived home the girls and me went upstairs. The entire ride back I saw there was something on Chloë's mind. "Spit it out Chloë" I said as I closed the door behind me. "Huh? What do you mean?" She acted as if she didn't understand the question. "Chloë just tell us what you want to say before you explode." I said. "You sure? Ok then. Do you remember James? Well he and me are... you know... kind of dating." She said carefully. "Chloë that is amazing! I' so happy for you." I said as I walked over to give her a hug and the other followed my lead. "Why are you just telling us this?" We asked. "Well I wanted to tell you sooner but you had just broken up with Luke and it didn't seemed the right time." "We can't have broken up something that wasn't there in the first place but I get what you mean. Sorry." "It's not your fault. You needed us and my news could wait."

After the girls and I had brought us up to date and I had unpacked, I left the girls in my room to watch a movie so I went downstairs to get some snacks. What is a movie without snacks? Am I right? As the popcorn was popping I decided to turn my phone back on. I instantly deleted my twitter and erased all the messages and missed phone calls from Luke without listening to them. And then his number was next. I clicked on the contact 'Luke <3' and pressed options. My finger hovered above the 'delete contact' button. Why did I doubt? A flash of memories of Luke and I at the Grand Canyon came flashing by. I felt a tear rolling over my cheek as I pressed the button. 'Are you sure? Yes or no?' Yes! I felt a sting go right thru my heart. How did he do it? Because of the ring from the microwave I was brought back to reality. I put the popcorn in a bowl and grabbed some other snacks and ran upstairs. Like nothing had happened.