Prologue

Mackenzie's POV

When I was a kid, I had a best friend. His name was Louis Tomlinson. We did everything together - colored, played tag, played 'house', built forts, watched movies, went to the park, finger painted, played hide and seek - and .more than I can ever describe. It was like we were brother and sister.

We thought everything was perfect, and we would always be together. That was until we were 8, when he moved away. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

"Are you really moving, Louis?" I asked, my voice filled with despair.

"I have to Kenzie; it's not my decision," he answered, just as sad as I was.

"But why?" I whined.

"My mum got a new job somewhere in London. I really wish I could stay here in Doncaster with you," Louis replies.

"Okay, but promise me one thing."

"What's that?"

"We'll never forget eachother."

"Of course, I would never forget you!" Louis promised.

That was the day that I was lied to by Louis Tominson.

Years passed, I moved on. He forgot about me, and I forgot about him. I didn't need him anymore though, I had new friends. He was famous and was living the life. Louis didn't need me anymore; I didn't want him anymore. He broke his promise, and I could never forgive him for that.

-

Author's note:

Short and sad introduction, I know. I'll try to make longer, happier chapters in the future. Leave comments and suggestions in the comment section below:).!