Chapter 1 - Blast to the Past

Author's note:

I'm so sorry; I haven't updated in forever! I promise to update more frequently since it's summer and I don't have school work holding me back. Hope you like the first chapter:)

-

Mackenzie's POV

"Can I have a tall Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino please?" I finally ordered my drink after waiting in the Starbucks line for what felt like hours. Making my way over to a table by myself, I pulled out my phone from my pocket to text a friend.

To: Alison :)

"Hey, do you want to hang out later? :D"

After texting Alison, my best friend, I set my phone on the cold Starbucks table. I sipped my delicious drink as I waited for her to text me back. Alison, or Ali for short, was my best friend. She helped me through everything, including when my heart was broken.

When I finished the drink I ordered, I realized she was probably busy, and wouldn't answer my text. I got up and threw my empty cup into the garbage bin, leaving the small coffee shop.

I felt the warm, humid air hit my face as I walked out into the busy city streets. I was 19 now and living on my own in London. When Louis moved away when we were kids, I decided I would move away from Doncaster when I grew up. Our old houses just brought back too many memories, and it pained me to revisit them.

While walking down the busy streets, I was snapped out of my deep thoughts because, being the clumsy girl I am, bumped into someone.

Without even looking up at the tall figure I ran into, I squeaked out, "I'm so sorry!"

"It's perfectly fine." When I heard his voice, I looked up to see his deep blue eyes and perfectly tousled hair.

"Louis?" He looked dumbfounded and confused, like he didn't even know who I was.

"Do I know you?" I felt my eyes start to water, me still looking at his recognizable face. I can't believe he didn't remember me. It felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest and shattered into a million pieces. How could he not remember me - his childhood best friend, the girl who was always by his side, the person he promised he wouldn't forget?

"I hate you Louis, and I wish I never knew you!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face. After that, I ran away, my hands covering my face because of the tears spilling out of my eyes.

Louis' POV

Then it hit me. That was Mackenzie - the girl who was my best friend as a child.

"Mackenzie!" I screamed after her, but it was too late. She probably couldn't hear me, and she obviously hates me. The girl I used to think about everyday when I was away was right in front of me and I didn't even recognize her. I feel like a complete jerk because I broke her heart.

I promised I would never forget her, but a few months after I moved away, I did. After auditioning on the X-Factor, I was put into a band with four other guys who I now call my best friends. When we got third place and a record deal, I let the fame get to my head and forgot about the most important things in my life.

I had to find Mackenzie and talk to her; I had  to make things right. I sprinted in the direction in which she ran off to, searching high and low to find her. When I heard soft sobs coming from behind a building, I knew for sure it was her.

Spotting her small body curled up, I walked over to her, "Mackenzie!"

She looked startled and shocked, but still had the look of sadness in her puffy, red eyes. "Go away."

It hurt me to think that she hated me, but I deserved it after what I did to her. I wasn't going to leave her, even if that's what she wanted the most.

"Mackenzie, I'm sorry."

"Don't be; you obviously don't care about me."

I did care about her, I truly did. After not seeing her for years, I couldn't get a clear image of her in my mind. In my perspective, she changed. She just didn't look the same as the innocent little girl I used to know.

"Kenzie, please. I do care about you." I used to call her that all the time when we were children.

"Louis, stop. Please just go away."

"Fine, but I'll still be here if you need me."

With that, I stood up and gave her a sad smile, and then started to walk away.

-

I feel like this chapter is too short >.< .. Anyways, I hope you like the first chapter:) Comment below feedback and any ideas to help me write the next chapters. Thanks for reading!