Day 1

Ok I took a deep breath. I wasn't the new girl on the block but I was not an upperclassman. Most of the teachers knew me because of my mother but I was still nervous. I peeked at my schedule, CHOIR FIRST PERIOD yesssss! I started the morning off right, this teacher already knew me, so I felt comfortable in the choir room it was my home. The time went to fast too fast my classes went by in a snap. Spanish 3, PE, Cooking Lunch oh what was next I looked down and saw the dreaded words LANGUE ARTS. I walked as slowed as humanely possible to my mother's class. I sat down in the seat in the way back of the class. That was going to be my seat whether my mother liked it or not that was my seat. My heart was racing I thought I was a sprinter for this class I wish I could sprint right out of there. She started class as every other teacher class the usual way her name, who she was, what the rules where, and then she stopped. "Anny" she started "is my daughter for those of you who don't know" She talking about me really mom stop bringing it up! "She will not be treated any differently than any of you, she will not get grades any earlier than you" Please mom just stop they are staring at me and it is really creeping me out. "She will not get any special treatment". Just as she was done some body raised their hand. I slid back as far as I could in that chair.

"But she will be at home with you she can get an answer to any question immediately" The new kid questioned

"Well, if you email me I will get a notification and respond as soon as possible"

"But some people have their parents edit there work will you do that for her"

"No I will not she can have a peer editor"

I was dying inside I just needed space. I bolted out of there I needed space. I went into a bathroom stall locked the door and balled. My mother was shocked even though I was her daughter I did not get to bolt out of class. Hailey was my hero.

"Mrs.Sunn just let me handle this..."

She knew where I went she was careful. "Anny? Are you ok"

"I fine" of course nobody tell the truth when somebody asks that. "Is my mother mad"

"I don't know Anny I was out of there as fast as you were."

"I just I just" I couldn't put into words what I was feeling I knew that I would have to go through this every day for the next year. It was worried confused. I was under a microscope in that classroom.

"Do I have to go back?"

"Yes Anny yes."

I went back in shame I didn't know what to do in the moment. It was an impulse I was going to be in trouble in so much trouble.

"I'm sorry Mrs.Sunn"

"I will talk to you after class Anny"

I sat in the back of the class silently crying I didn't know what I was going to do. I knew I was going to be suspended for walking out and that terrified me. I had a squeaky clean record. The bell rang and I made the walk of shame.

"I am so disappointed in you, I just don't know what to say to you"

"I am going to be late to class mom I will meet you here after school for my punishment."

I ran out as fast I could I didn't want her to see me cry. I was stronger than that. I enjoyed my last two classes of freedom before the dreaded momster.

I sat in the hard plastic chairs outside the deans office for what felt like an hour. I was an emotional wreck I was crying and my shirt was socked from the tears.

"Miss Sunn"

I wiped the tears form my face and walked into the room.

"Miss Sunn I have good and bad news which do you want first."

"Bad get it out of the way"

"Alight then Anny you have to serve a week of afterschool detentions."

"Ok.. I thought the normal was a suspension?"

"Science it was anxiety related not out of rebellion it is a week of detentions and..."

"AND"

"You are required to see the school therapist twice a week during your study hall"

Great just Great.