Prologue + Playlist

music has always been the thing that has made me want to write. emotions come easily to me when i'm drowned in lyrics, words ever so naturally write themselves. the following songs are mostly the songs which i used to write this story. through deep nights of writer's blocks, they help me. some do not relate to the plot, but are still meaningful...to me. x

playlist:

1. ed sheeran - sunburn.

2. the 1975  - loving someone.

3. taylor swift - you're in love.

4. the 1975 - she way out.

5. adele - when we were young.

6. ed sheeran - tenerife sea.

7. ed sheeran - english rose.

8. ed sheeran - wake me up.

9. justin bieber - sorry.

10. nina nesbitt - stay out.

11. nina nesbitt - the hardest part.

12. the 1975 - i like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it.

13. the 1975 - please be naked.

14. the 1975 - lostmyhead.

15. alessia cara - i'm yours.

16. rihanna - kiss it better.

17 - twenty one pilots - guns for hands.

18 - twenty one pilots - ode to sleep.

{a u t h o r ' s   n o t e}

this story is dedicated to each of you who have experienced love in the weirdest situation, and for the most unexpected person. this story is also dedicated to all of you who've never fallen in love, but still cherish the idea of love. this is for all of you, whether you were, are, or will be in love. for all of you who have had to give up on someone you love. because love isn't everything, but it is what makes everything okay.

P R O L O G U E

My feet are hitting the ground as I bop my head to the beat of The Beatles' song. I rest my head on the comfortable seat of this aeroplane and I let myself be absorbed in the music. As a dancer, I know how to feel the beat. I know how to let it inside of me, literally, and help it ignite my senses. I have a sudden choreography in my head and I want to get up and dance but I restrain myself. Stop Selena, I tell myself, we're going back in Texas to lead a normal life for a while...to be away from the success, the fame, the paparazzi, the rumours and...dance.

But I know it's going to be harder. Dancing means everything to me and ever since I've moved here to pursue my career, I've never once wanted to stop. And neither did my parents—who supported my decision of wanting to be famous instead of being a farmer like them—and my small sister, who always loved to watch my dance. But fame reaches a point where it affects you, mentally. I can't seem to have a moment of peace, a moment to myself. And I don't want to be an obnoxious celebrity who just becomes bitchy. I don't want to let the success get to my head. I don't want to disappoint everyone who looks up to me.