Chapter 8

A/N: I'm warning you, I may or may not be inserting mini a/ns throughout the whole chapter. Sorry in advance. The timeline is also messed up. Calum's P.O.V is daytime but Sarah and Lexi's P.O.V are nighttime. Please don't be confused.

•Calum's P.O.V•

After fighting my body for so long, I finally got to see Michael's beautiful green eyes. The eyes that I missed so much. The eyes that gave me hope when I was trapped in the cold, cruel darkness. The same eyes I wanted to wake up to see everyday. Those eyes that I grew to love but can't reach.

I saw Mikey's obnoxious (in a good way) hair color and I giggled a bit. He dyes it so much to the point he'll eventually spend the rest of his life bald. I laughed softly by the thought of imagining Michael bald. It's such a hilarious sight.

Michael stirred beside me and he fluttered his eyes open, exposing the green eyes that I loved after all these years.

I smiled softly at him. "Hey, Mikey." I greeted him with a new found strength inside me.

"Hi, Cal. Glad you're awake." He grinned at me widely and I reflected it. His smiles are so contagious.

"So, how are you feeling, Calum?"

"I'm quite fine. I feel crappy yet strong, is that even normal? I dunno, it's just I feel completely limp yet strong that I want to do some things... I really don't know. How long have I been out, Michael?" I asked. (A/N: Lol. sorry for the interruption. Am I the only one who's more comfortable calling Michael: Mikey? Or.....?)

"Oh that feeling, don't worry I know it very well. I feel that too, at times. For your question, to be exact, a week and 2 days." He answered me.

"Mike, I heard about your conversation between Doctor Vincent Winford. It's about blood transfusion? What about it, Mikey? Please tell me the truth. I wanna know the truth. Is blood transfusion a bad thing or a good thing?" (A/N: Oops. Hi! So, I made Calum completely clueless about hospital things, kinda. Sorry?)

Mikey looked at me like I was a living dead. "So you heard those?" He questioned and I nodded slowly.

"Cal, basically, your sickness, which is Leukemia... Wait, how do I put this? Basically, since you have leukemia, you're lacking red blood cells. You need some blood in you thus, blood transfusion. Don't worry, Calum. Ashton did a program for you and the other people out there who needs blood. So the blood transfusion will be done to you 5 days later on but don't worry. It won't hurt." He explained and smiled at me.

"Also, Ashton knew someone. It's a girl. I met her. She's really pretty and kind. She's the only one that matched your blood type. Don't worry, she donated plenty enough for you to have. I bet you'll love her." Michael chirped and I can't help but to feel....this feeling that is very foreign to me. I don't like this feeling at all.

"Yeah, I bet." I said softly and forced a very fake smile. Though I kinda am feeling the foreign feeling, I can't help but be curious and excited to meet this girl. But, since it's private (according to hospital rules), it's really impossible for me to meet her.

"Mike, I'm kinda tired. I'll take a short nap, yeah?" I said that so I'll forget about these unpleasant events that my system is taking in.

Michael looked at me quizzically. Maybe because I only just woke up 15 minutes ago yet I already want to sleep.

"Sure. Yeah. Okay." Michael replied hesitantly and for my act, I closed my eyes.

Though I thought it was only an act, it became a reality. I took a short nap.