Chapter 12 ~ Dying Memory

My god, I’m such a horrible person I’m just gonna go cry in a corner after this is posted.

                I’m so sorry! What, has it been almost 4 months? Yeah, 3 months since who knows when.

                *le cry*

                Well here you go, the long-awaited chapter. I’m trying to make them longer but it’s SO DIFFICULT.

                Enough of my blabbering for now, enjoy the chapter!

                =-=-=

                Delilah’s POV:

                The ride home was awkward. I sat in the passenger seat so I wouldn’t have to face any of the boys, much less Harry. Liam and Louis got in first, both of them giving me a quick squeeze before climbing into the backseat. Niall and Zayn came in next, both of them looking at each other before Niall said, “I’m sorry, baby.”

                Finally, Harry came in, his mop of messy curls hanging has he sat down without a word in the seat behind me. We all went home, and I went to my room and flopped onto my bed. I hated him. I hated him with all of my heart. How could he do this to me?

                My phone began to ring, and I wiped my tears so I could read the ID: Mom. Of course, she would probably want to talk to my Aunt and Uncle. I started to cry again, but I answered the phone anyway. “Hi Mom,” I started shakily.

                “Hey Honey. Can I talk to your aunt and uncle?” She was obviously oblivious to my tears.

                “They’re… dead.”

                We both sat in silence for what felt like 5 years.

                “Come again?”

                “Mom, Uncle Dan and Aunt Karen got into a bad accident…” I told her my entire story, leaving out the whole Harry situation. She didn’t need to know. We sat in silence again and I could hear her sobs. My dad had died when I was younger, I never knew why. But Uncle Dan was his only relative left, besides me of course. My mom was close to the both of them, so I knew she would take it hard. We both sat there crying.

                After a few minutes we both said our good-byes, and I continued to cry into my already tear-stained pillow.

                Harry’s POV:

                God, I hate myself.

                No one has really noticed actually. I’ve always been depressed, hiding my sadness behind a cheeky grin. If you just smile no one can tell. That’s what I’ve learned.

                When I saw her run into her room crying, I couldn’t handle it. I went up to my room and closed the door, locking it behind me. I wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone.

                I went into my bathroom and locked that door as well. I went to the mirror and looked at my face. It was ugly, shameful – as it should have been. Delilah was fourteen, I was probably her first boyfriend. I don’t know why I had to just go and betray her like that. She was naïve, innocent. She didn’t deserve this. I opened my medicine cabinet and got out my razor. Yeah, I promised myself I would stop. For a few years, I did. One Direction has brought me happiness, and I stopped. But today, I had to punish myself.