Chapter 5

Rachel's POV

"Rachel, can you show the class how to do this binomial thereom question?" Mr Longman asked me. Unfortunately, I was still in my dreamland and did not respond to Mr Longman's question.

"Ms Williams are you there? MS WILLIAMS?!" Mr Longman practically yelled at me.

"Huh? What?? What happened?!" I jumped out of my seat and looked around frantically.

My actions caused the whole class to burst out in laughter. The next problem came in when I was looking around, I saw Zachary sitting at the back of the class with his friends. Oh great, I didn't know we have the same Math class. When our eyes met, Zachary tried to contain his laughter. However, that made him laugh even harder. Asshole.

"Welcome back to Earth Ms Williams, now will you come to the front and answer this question?" Mr Longman questioned with irritation clear in his voice.

"Uh, okay." I responded stiffly and walked to the front to write my workings on the whiteboard.

The bell that save all the students from their misery rang loudly. "Alright, that marks the end of the class. Remember to complete your homework before the next lesson." Mr Longman said while passing down the worksheet.

While I was packing my bag, Nicole ask me, "Hey, are you alright? You seemed lost in deep thought just now."

I laughed humourlessly and replied.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I guess it's the lack of sleep.."
Last night, I spent most of the night, thinking about every conversation I had with Zachary and his damn grin. Yeah, you could say that I was crazy, I just could not stop myself. This feeling was really foreign to me.

"Rachel! Hey! Can you even hear me?" Ella was waving her hands in front of my face and I belatedly saw it.

"Huh? Did you say something?"

"Rachel, what's wrong with you today? By the way, I was saying, are you going to the reunion party Sarah organised?"

"I will thi-" Why am I always getting cut off before I can finish my sentence? *shakes head*

"Zachary! You and the guys wanna come to my good friend's party? It's for reuniting our childhood friends but she said we can invite more people over!" Ella informed Zachary with enthusiasm.

"Of course! Yay!!" Zachary and his friends replied simultaneously and gave each other hi-5. Seriously, how old are they?

Oh boy. Ella invited Zachary and his group of attractive friends. The worst part was they are going to the party. Great, I have made my decision.

"So Rachel, what's your decision?"

"I'm afraid I couldn't make it." I answered slowly while observing Ella's reaction.

"Why? Sarah and the others would be so disappointed. It has been ages since we last gathered together Rachel!"

"Are you afraid of us new girl?" Zachary asked with a smug look on his face.

"Afraid? Ha like real. By the way, my name is Rachel, not new girl." I responded with a bored look.

Ella observed the way me and Zachary talked to each other and her eyebrows pulled together. Ella looked like she wanted to say something to me but thought better of it.

"Rachel just try to make yourself available for the party." Nicole said with a smile. Sigh, besides Ella, Nicole has been treating me well since the start of school. I couldn't bear to disappoint her.

"Alright." That's all I could say for now.

Oh it's not that Helen bullied me or what, she is quite a cold person to be honest. It is not easy to get close to her.

---------------------

Since Ella and the others lived only a few blocks away from school. They could walk home together while I have to take the bus home.

I was preoccupied with my thoughts about Ella's reaction with the way me and Zachary conversed. I didn't even notice that a car have been following me to the bus stop.

*honk honk*

I was startled by the loud horn from the car and scowled at the driver. But when I gave a closer look, it's none other than Zachary Davis sitting behind the wheel.

I couldn't be bothered with him and continue walking to the bus stop. As I really have to be home early today to help my mother unpack our stuffs.

Zachary rolled down the car window and shouted to me, "Hey new girl do you need a ride home?"

This time I didn't bother to correct him and declined his offer without looking at him.

My bus came just in time to save me from this awkward situation and I quickly ran for it. Phew.

As I alighted from the bus, I stopped dead in my tracks. Zachary freaking Davis was leaning against his car, in front of my house.
"What are you doing here?" I demanded as I walked towards my house. Zachary lift up his head at the sound of my voice. Er, is it just me or for a moment his eyes lit up a little? No no. It must be the reflection of the sun. I quickly shake off that ridiculous thought.

"I came by to get my mum's lipstick." Of course, that's why he wanted to give me a lift home.

"So, my friend, if me and the boys are going to the party, you're not going?" Zachary questioned me with his eyes were fixed on me.

I shifted uneasily under his gaze and say, "I have something on that day, so nope I'm definitely not avoiding you guys."

I started to walk away but was stopped immediately. I looked down at my arms and gasped. I could feel the heat of his palm on my arm.

Zachary hold on to my arm and lean forward. Oh no. He used his free hand to poke my cheeks and chuckled.

"You are blushing again." It's a statement not a question. Oops.

I swatted his hand away and glowered at him.

"Zachary here's your mum's lipstick. Oh Rachel you're back." Zachary let go of my arm and both of us quickly took a step back.

My mum definitely saw what happened just now. As she gave us a playful wink and waved her hands between me and Zachary, "Did I interupt something?"

"No mum, come on let's go." My mum ignored me and asked, "Zachary, would you like to co-"

"He's busy." I replied on behalf of Zachary and pulled my mum away.

"What's the hurry Rachel?" My mum whispered into my ears. "Nothing, I just want to quickly unpack our stuffs so that we can be done with it."

However, both of us know that isn't the truth.

Author's note :
:) thanks for reading! For the next 1 week, updates will be slow until I'm done with my exams. :P