Chapter 15

Zachary's POV

"Zach, the girls are having a friendly captain's ball game after school. You wanna take a look?"

"Yeah, I heard Rachel's going to be playing too!" Dylan chimed in.

"If you guys wanna check the girls out, just say so. There wasn't a need to come up with so many lame reasons." I muttered under my breath.

"Hey hey. Don't say like you're forced to come with us. You could go home and hug Rachel's photos and miss out the chance to look at or maybe even hug the real one." Jake said

The boys they're getting more and more bold. They would tease me whenever it comes to Rachel. It's so annoying because I didn't even admit that I like Rachel or what right. Dylan and Jake just assumed that I like her. Joke of the year man.

Okay, I know you guys must be really curious of my thoughts on the date with Jane last Friday. Allow me to summarise, I'd grant that Jane looked pretty that night. Her face was caked with lots of makeup, personally I didn't like it. What she wore was... How do I put it? Any guy would give her a few more glances, yeah that's what I did, nothing else. I have to say that the highlight of the date was the group them calling us before Jane could kiss me.

I actually felt relieved when Jane didn't get to continue what she wanted to do. Honestly, I would stop her too even if they weren't there. What's really surprising was Rachel tagging along with the rest to stalk us. I thought she wouldn't give a damn.

"Dude! Don't stand there and daydream about Rachel. Are you coming or not?" Dylan slapped me in the back to get my attention.

"Yeah yeah." I replied while rubbing my back, Dylan smacked so hard that it hurts.
____________________________________________

"Zachary!! Hi!!" Ella dashed to my side and wrapped her arms around mine.

"Are you boys here to cheer for us?"

Dylan cleared his throat and answered, "Yes." He seemed uncomfortable with Ella sticking so close to me. Weird enough, this wasn't something Dylan's new to. Not that I'm saying girls did this all the time. You people might get the impression that I'm always this popular. I was those students that always get picked on because I looked weak. Ella defended me and was willing to be friends with me despite being an outcast. From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate what Ella have done for me.

I suppose puberty did me some justice together with the gym sessions, my efforts did not go to waste. All the while, I thought Ella as my sister, so I don't think it's odd for Ella to do this.

"Zachary." Jane came between Ella and me while placing her hands on my waist.

"You came here to watch my team play right?" Jane asked and batted her eyelids which she hoped it came across as seductive.

Ella removed Jane's hands from my waist and said, "Excuse me, the boys are obviously here to support us. One date with Zachary doesn't mean you're suddenly good friends with the boys."

"Oh really? Rachel you heard that? You're not even friends with them because you didn't even went on a date with any of the guys. To save yourself from any embarrassment, you could get out quietly right?" Jane focused her attention on Rachel.

"If you want to know why you can't be friends with them, think harder. Ah wait, you can't because you only used your ass to think not your brain." Rachel snapped.

"Rachel Williams what did you just say?!" Jane shrieked in anger.

"A person filled with jealousy usually have bad hearing too." Rachel whispered to Helen, loud enough for everybody to hear.

"You!" Jane charged towards Rachel, but Jane was held back by her chums. "Jane! She's intentionally provoking you, don't fall for her trap!"

Nicole, Helen and Ella shielded Rachel in case Jane made any move. Rachel actually dared to glare at Jane defiantly.

"Alright girls, calm down. The people are here to watch the match, not a catfight." I stood in between the two groups of annoyed girls.

Jane gave me a peck on the cheek and whispered into my ears, "See ya later, Zachary." I winced at her sultry voice. Why do I feel a little disgusted with her actions?

"Be prepared to lose, losers!" With that, Jane and her chums went back to do their warm ups.

Oh wow. Is it just Rachel or women are like this? Rachel's really quiet all the time. But, when you irritated her, she transformed into a different person. I liked her comebacks, they're sharp and witty.

Author's note :
Yoohoo guys! I would never imagine my story to go this far, having over 800 reads and 71 votes!! Thank you so so much!! :) Please continue to support this story! Your votes and comments are really precious to me! A little dedication to MurdocSBish who loves Zachary as much as I do ;)