Chapter 1- Before the Worst.

Mickeys POV

"Okay! Laura we can watch Mean Girls yet again if you stop throwing popcorn at me!" I shout to my best friend Laura.

"Scoree!!" Laura shouts as she gets up and does some sort of victory dance. I put in Mean Girls and settle down in between my two best friends. Laura on my left and my dog Swerve on the other. My best friends my dog okay? 

"So, are you going to the bonfire next week? Everyones supposed to be their and I hear it's gonna be amazing." I say Laura. She turns to me and her long brown hair flops out of her bun a little bit. 

"Probs not. I have to pack for my road trip." She states focusing back on the trailors. 

"Oh. Where are you going?"

"I don't know. I'll just drive and stay at hotels till I run out of money. I'll be back in like 5 days probably, knowing my little car that's as much as it will be able to drive before it breaks down. " She states smiling. She's always like this, just getting an idea and going with it. 

"Have fun! Probably is gonna be your last good time before school starts up again." I say. I still think about why shes my friend. She is gorgeous she could be friends with anyone, but when she moved her in second grade she picked me the nobody. Now, however I'm somebody and it's all cause of Laura. I don't know what I would do wihtout her. 

-one week later-

"Bye Mickey! I'l text you!" Laura says flashing me her million dollar smile. 

"Have fun Okay? Don't forget about me!" I joke as I help Laura pack the rest of her things into her car. She waves her final good bye to me and she pulls out of my driveway. I don't really know why but she left for her trip early. The bonfire is tonight and I decided I should go. I put on some dark wash shorts a light blue tanktop and a gray gardigan. I just brush my natrually straight blonde hair and decide it's fine how it is. 

My mom pulls the car up to the beach where the bonfires being held. I jump out of the passanger side and fix my flip flops. 

"I'll pick you up at midnight okay?" My mom says as I nod to her and walk towards the fire. 

"Mickey! Over here!" Shouts Greg one of my only guy friends. I walk over to him and sit down on his blanket with him.  Maybe being with out Laura for a week won't be to bad, at least I can hang out with Greg.