Chapter 2- Where is she.

It's been 2 weeks since Laura left. She hasn't contacted anyone since the day she left, I'm worried. The whole school is worried, even though school isn't in session they had seen the missing person report on the local news channel. 

My phone starts to ring, hoping it was Laura I jump up and answer it. 

"Hello?" I answer.

"Mickey?" I hear a male voice say.

"Yeah?" I say

"It's Mr. Edwards Laura's dad.-" "Can you come over? We have some news." He says. 

"Yeah. Is Laura there? I'll be there in a minute!" I say. I hang up the phone and run down the block to Laura's house. When I see police car in the drive instead of Laura's old granny car I realize that something is wrong.  I run to the door and run in. I look around the living room to see Mrs. Edwards crying and holding Laura's sobbing siblings. Mr. Edwards has his head in his hands and a police officer is standing infront of him. 

"What's going on? Is Laura alright?" I say louder then needed. Everyone becomes silent and looks at me. I look around desperate for information. Mrs. Edwards stands up and walks toward me. 

"Mickey-" She starts as she pulls me into a warm embrace. This is when I realize something is really wrong. 

"What's going on?" I ask desperate for information. 

"It's Laura. She was found in a motel room right out of town." Mrs. Edwards starts. I smile.

"That's great! So when is she coming home?" I ask. 

"She isn't. The police found her body in the motel room. Sh-Sh-She Killed herself." Mrs. Edwards says quietly. I look into her eyes pleading that she wasn't telling the truth. I look around, my eyes wandering fast. I run up the stairs into Lauras bedroom, I open the door and look around desperate to see her on her bed texting or watching tv. I run into her bathroom, I can still smell her vanilla perfume lingering in her room. I run out of her room, down the stairs, and out the front door, I run and run untill I reach my house. I open the door and run to my room. I slam the door behind me and jump on my bed. 

It finally sinks in that she isn't ever coming back and I start to cry, not just cry but I start balling. I look at my bedside table and see the picture of us from freshman year. I pick it up and chuck the frame across the room.  Laura wouldn't kill herself. She wouldn't do that, not to herself, not to her family, not to me. She wouldn't put us through that kind of pain. She was happy. She wouldn't... She couldn't. Why could she do that to herself? Why would she? How did I not notice she was upset? I have so many questions.  I won't ever be able to ask them.