Chapter 3- Love From Afar

Memory's P.O.V.

I'd gotten up and yawned, looking at my room around me. Everything was in order. Tidy, clean, bland. It looked like every other teenage girl's bedroom. The gray walls showed years of growing.

Too bad their occupent wouldn't be here for much longer.

My aunt was at church. It was Sunday. I decided to eat some oatmeal and relax on the couch, like there was much more I could really do. For the short time I had left, I couldn't even do things like skydive or hunt because I would end up overexerting myself.

There was a knock at the door. I was wearing nothing but a baseball shirt and panties, so I couldn't really answer it.

Opening the door a crack, I looking around and saw nothing. Huh. Maybe it was a kid playing ding-dong ditch. I reached around to see if a leaflet was left behind. Maybe it was a business.

My hands brushed over a piece of paper, and I found myself gripping something taped to the door. Funny, they're usually tucked into the door, not taped.

It was notebook paper, with the little shredded bits on the left side of the front, like someone just ripped this off. The handwriting was very poor, and difficult to read, but the drawings were nice.

One was of a tiny little person. I recognized it as chibi style. A little faceless person in a suit was supposed to be waving. Cute. The other was off daisy's, which were my favorite flower.

It was a poem, and it read as follows:

"Deep in the emeralds
Of the home I live
You walked as a diamond among them

My world turned to greens and grays
With no change
But you brought a rainbow

I felt my world was wilting
But with you carried a pail of water
And now it's blooming daisy's

There was no sound in my world
But ever since I saw you
I've been hearing symphonies"

I reread the note and smiled to myself about it. It was the sweetest thing I'd ever read. Even if it was super cheesy, the words felt real. I ran my finger over them and smiled to myself.

Unless it was for my aunt, it appeared as if I had a secret admirer. I'd never even had a boyfriend before, so the idea of a secret admirer was foreign.

It all shattered when I remembered the situation. I was dying. I'd only end up hurting them, so what was the point of getting in a relationship? It could only end badly.

Slipping the note into my drawer, I collapsed on my bed. Maybe they would just forget about me. That would be nice. Just like the rest of the world.