Chapter 2. No Excuse

Chapter Two: 

No Excuse

The second meeting, he's hungover. [He is getting a divorce after all]. The weight of the head makes his stomach churn as he tried to step around thick black wires for god knows what equipment that's probably more expensive than his house. He's walking toward the set and he sees the girl in ripped jeans and short hair sitting outside a trailer where a bunch of people running around with microphones, wires, brushes, and makeup. 

"Spencer leave you?" He asks as he pulls down the hat to hide his face from others and block the sun from his sight. 

She looks up. There's no spark of excitement that he's used to seeing from people [especially from women]. He feels a slight stab of annoyance as he frowns. He might be in his forties dammit, but he is still sex on a stick. 

"Pretty much." 

He pulls out the keys he carries around. He's pretty sure he has a key to every place in Hollywood. He finds the one he's looking for and gives it to her. "I want that back now, you hear?" He warns her as she takes the key and her eyes light up. That's much better. "Give it to me after work today." 

"I work…long after your done," she warns him. 

"Call me then." 

She stares at him. "Er, how-" 

He takes out his phone and plucks her phone from her front pocket. He types in his number. "There." He gives her the phone back. 

She nods and runs off.