6. In All Honesty

Klaus brought the drunken Caroline into his home, and allowed her to sit on his sofa. Rebekah and Kol weren't at home today, trying to find out the location of the White Oak Tree. This allowed him to spend some quality time with Caroline, and they both cuddled together on his sofa. The man then put his arms protectively around her, as though to create a shield, while the latter rested her head on his chest.

"Are you okay, love?" Klaus asked the pretty girl, his eyes gazing softly on her face.

"I had a fight with Elena." She replied, not looking into his eyes but into the empty space instead.

Silence followed and Klaus felt that he should let Caroline take her time. After all, she was the one who came to him first. He didn't wanted to pry unless Caroline told him herself. He would listen patiently to her words, he decided.

"It was about you." Caroline continued, her sigh getting heavier with hurt.

"She said you were bad. And you are, Klaus. But she also said not to fall in love with you. She doesn't understand."

"Maybe she was right. You are spoken for by Tyler after all." Klaus reminded himself, his voice soft yet envious.

"Then why do I feel like this?" She pondered, letting her thoughts out freely to Klaus.

"Someone said before, love is a vampire's greatest weakness." He smiled sadly while twirling Caroline's blonde locks.

Another long silence appeared again, this time filled more hurt. Just this morning had he been angry with Caroline, but here she was, in his arms. Didn't he longed for that? But yet, why had he felt a wave of guilt surrounding him? Maybe it was due to Tyler. Maybe Caroline did belong to Tyler, and he was getting in the way. Klaus shook his head slightly.

"No one trusts you Klaus. I didn't too." Caroline muttered, hugging the man tighter.

"Yet here you are." He chuckled back softly, responding to her hug.

Caroline traced her fingers on Klaus's lap. She was drunk, but she wasn't that drunk. She knew what words were coming out of her mouth. What she couldn't understand was why the part of her that longed for Klaus got larger as she lay there with him. Was it a wrong move? A right move? She couldn't understand any of it. Klaus laughed lightly. Did Caroline just traced her fingers on him? He looked down at the blonde on his chest and gulped. No, he wouldn't take advantage of her drunken situation, he thought sadly. She wasn't in her right mind, and if he brought her to his room… No. He wouldn't. He was a gentleman, and he would bring her home.

"Come now Caroline, I think it's about time you went home." Klaus said, bringing the blonde up while supporting her as he walks her to her car.

"It's okay, Klaus. I'm not that drunk. I can drive home myself." The blonde girl said who looked on as the man took his seat at the steering wheel.

"I won't be a gentleman now if I did that right love?" Klaus smiled to Caroline, only to get her giggling in response.

As Klaus drive on, he sneaks glances at the lovely Caroline, who was too busy looking outside the window. When they reached the Forbes Estate, Klaus smiled again to see the already sleeping Caroline. She was more drunk than she had been, and he was glad he took the initiative. Klaus slowly walked out of the car and carried the asleep Caroline on his arms. As he walked on her front porch, he saw the shocked Sheriff Forbes opening her door and looking in disbelief.

"What did you do to my daughter?" Liz croaked, looking lovingly at her daughter.

"She's drunk, and I came to bring her home." Was what he replied before walking up the small flight of stairs and into Caroline's room.