Chapter 2

Chap2

I was walking down a corridor in the basement of Recreants HQ. when the lights flipped off, four sets of hands grabbed me. I struggled to get free they grabbed my arms and I broke one arm free and elbowed a hard figure. Then the lights flicked on but this time I was in a room. A musty bright room with one door and no windows. Five people stood in front of me there were four people I didn't know and then there was Jase he walked over to me.

" it's okay I know these people they wanna help us okay they did this to me too it's okay Ayspen ," he kissed my forehead lightly and I calmed down a bit, one guy was rubbing his bloody jaw. I thought about saying sorry but I was to proud to say anything.

" what do you want," I said.
" I have something to tell you and something to give you," the men were about 25 and they looked like Recreants.
" now listen Ayspen this will be hard to understand you may not get it all ,but I have to explain it to you, I know you don't trust the government. You shouldn't trust the government, they are lying to you underneath the city is a whole other planet a large one, much larger than the city people down there or at war in the people up here are at peace. They erased everybody's memories a year ago , And I would like to give your memories back to you. They Put everybody up here a year ago when World War III broke out, they tried to save the little bit of humanity we had left but it didn't work. that's why the demented are up here something went wrong inside their brains so, they put them back down on planet earth. the compound is not a place it's a big staircase, a staircase leading down from the city on the platform, down at the bottom raging war is trying to break free.that's why you only remember your birthday from last year and you don't know why Jase is your best friend but that he just is."

"So you're telling me that this city is an experiment that the government put up in the sky to try to save humanity,"

"Yes," he said "but it's not working."

" The government doesn't want us to remember anything. they modified your memories they put fake childhood memories in your head, but some people are stronger willed, these people can remember things from their old lives. They call these people eroshines , Another conflict on Earth is natural disasters they happen every corner, earthquakes, tsunami's, The world is crumbling underneath us it's time to go but there's still hope to save the planet. you are a eroshine your deadly to the government they want you dead all because you have powerful memories ," he stated.

"Do you want your memories back?"

" do you want to see why we are so close I've already seen it Ayspen please let them," Jase pleaded.

"Yes, hand me the drink," he gave me the shot and I drank it in one gulp. Suddenly memories were flashing before my eyes I saw me and Jase sitting in a tree I looked about sixteen we were sleeping in a hammock in another we were kidding around and dancing and running I was overwhelmed by all the memories dancing before my eyes. There was a girl I assume my best friend we were shopping, running, playing. They took her away from me. And then I was wearing a yellow dress dancing with Jase kissing him In a field. Then I saw us in the fall watching the leaves and then we were gone I remembered everything tragedy best friends Jase and I, I dated Jase for 2 years and then they took that away from us and now I'm eighteen and I'm just now seeing how in love we were.

"They took that away from us didn't they," I whispered into his shoulder.

" yes ," he said

" I wish we were like that again," I said.

" yeah me too," he said.

"We won't be that way again," I muttered

"We will be like that again just in a different place and as long as I'm with you we will be in love because based on what I just saw I love you so much that chemicals and world trauma couldn't erase you from my mind because I've always loved you and I will always love you," he said, and now with our memories back that 1 year gap where we didn't know who we were or what we had together was crushed, and we were just like the memories madly in love and ready to fight for it.